SAU Community

Immobilising Points

mrsr32

Hi There,

Yes you can use all of the above.

You can even get them in different spots, some on the drivers side, some on passenger side, some near the ECU or even engine bay.

Mix it up for the best security.

Also not that to be installed according to the AS/NZS you are required to use both Start & Fuel pump specifically and have all immobiliser cuts 30cm or more apart from each other.

Hope this helps ;D

just installed a ebc into a r34 gtr and decided to unwrap some of the ignition wiring. the 5 start installed alarm has both relays wired to cuts that are next to each other :woot: . the wires werent even shortened, the're just bunched up and taped.

installer should be shot.

Not good!

Often if doing the fuel pump as a cut out on a performance vehicle I wouldn't suggest running the immobiliser points through the drive/power wires of a fuel pump only the trigger wires for the relay / ecu output because the drive wires are a higher current then what most on board immobilisers can handle. It will cause an issue with fuel pump feed.

Alarm / Immobiliser relays can often only handle 15 amps.

Anyway just a heads up.

Thanks

Daniel Gardener

Carbon Car Systems

Thanks, its a dynamco p765 and thinks it has 40a fuses, no biggie as both wires run down the side of the car.

i was also thinking of using the detach head unit as a kill switch and cutting fuel pump or something on the ecu side.

ok, what a mission.

had constant 12v for relays/siren

ign cut

starter cut

all done on the loom under the steering column.

relocated the constant 12v to furhter back in the loom.

cut ign in the guard and moved the siren there

replaced starter cut with my fuel pump 12v which is located towards the rear of the car.

at least i can sleep at night now.