SAU Community

M35 Bose Stereo Dead, Just Curious What Other People Did To Their Stags

bangahh

After 2 years Bose Stereo that come with the ARX has died, currently cant power on or control climate.

When I start the car - aircon is on full blast ( 18.5 degrees ) I have researched............

Has any one purchased these for their M35 stagea ?

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=9777

Option 2 is to get a 2nd BOSE unit from YA ( approx $100 + fee + delivery ), but i guess i will have the same issue down the track, so wont go down this route.

SatNav is pretty much useless and only thing i use is reverse camera, If i pull out the NAVI and ETC, will my reverse camera still work ?

for those that have removed the Navi above the glovebox , what did you put to fill in that space.

thx

• 2 weeks later...

I pulled the Carozzerria that came with the Axis out and put in a GPS/DVD/USB/TV unit from Eonon, a G2226DA:

Hi there. I am interested in this unit too. Is it up to date(not sure how long ago you posted this)?

I pulled the Carozzerria that came with the Axis out and put in a GPS/DVD/USB/TV unit from Eonon, a G2226DA:

I am interested in this unit? How do you find it? Was it a straight forward install?

Yes, install wasn't too bad, but you do need to remove a few things to get to it. Follow the G35 install guide on Youtube.

Plays most movies i've downloaded, MP3s and TV works. Sat nav is sweet and gets good signal even in the city. I put the GPS antenna in the passenger pillar to keep it out out the way.. to much crap on the dash.

I would recommend buying a better TV antenna tho, because it is digital you want a better signal than the one that comes with the Eonon units. I bought one that sticks to the inside of the windscreen and it was at least 20% stronger signal strength.

It's easy enough to do mate. I did mine first time in about 2 hours. But after now doing it a few times it takes me about 30 mins. Any double din stereo will drop in just fine. I have a Sony DVD with 7 inch screen and love it

I think mine came from Autech with the Carozzerria which has a "diversity antenna" which I couldn't use. There was no antenna and booster in the back where it should be.. nuts huh.

Reverse camera hooked up just fine, just got to make sure you connect the reverse wire so it flicks to the camera automatically.

Yup installed it myself too. Hehe the wife had a fit when she saw my 'new' car in bits in the driveway.

• 1 month later...