SAU Community

Noob Saying Hi

gts_koop

Hey guys, not exactly new to the SAU community but new to the Stagea community.

Went today to look at two white series two RS4S manuals today, and although both exceeded my expectations (first two I've looked at), the second one especially impressed me!

Number one- http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-13536037&Cr=12

Number two- http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-2042842&Cr=14

Some might wonder why the first one lost out, as it has rims, suspension (turned out to be fully adjustable nismo coil overs), extra body kit, and twin sunroofs....as well as a cat back 3" exhaust and braided brake lines that weren't listed. Although awesome to look at, and it drove well, there were signs of rust in all of the usual spots except the strut towers, and a few cracks in the kit, as well as the higher km's. Price wasn't an issue, as I would have happily paid that if the car was as good as the second, and if the second one had sunroofs.....I F***ING LOVE sunroofs.

But here's why the second one won! I won't speak too soon as I sill have to the second one tested by Stateroads on Tues, but from my close inspection and test drive, it looks be be in awesome condition :D

VERY straight clean body, no rust in the strut towers, rear hatch under the rubber, in the spare wheel cavity, or in the wing mirrors!! I actually couldn't believe it, as i was prepared for a little rust here and there, but to find none was bloody awesome!

Interior was very tidy as well, very minimal steering wheel or gear knob wear and the floor of both the driver and passenger footwell was almost spotless. Drove really smooth, easy clutch action with a nice tight box (lol). Only thing i could fault from my fairly thorough inspection/test drive was that the 3 factory center gauges (torque split/volts/boost) weren't working. Is that a relatively easy fix??

I found it to be not overly powerful, but I am coming from a 185awkw RVR Hypergear, so I wasn't expecting the same kind of pull. But that can be fixed, quite easily ;) Not my first rb25, I owned an R31 coupe (hence my user name) with a 25 transplant back in '02/'03, very cool car!

Now all i have to do is play the waiting game on the vehicle test, cross my fingers it all checks out as well as it did with me, and I'll be in a shiny new ride!!

Oh, and then go and visit Prestige Sunroofs, to complete the package ;)

Edited by gts_koop

Fairly sure i bought my stagea off the same guy thats selling the second one you posted.

Mine was around the same Km's, a year older and a RS4S but the Dayz edition - 2 sunroofs factory ;)

Still happy with my purchase from him and it all went pretty smoothly, havnt had any issues with my one yet, and i dont expect to being a Nissan! lol

Yeah price seems right if like you say, the KM"s are real KiwiRS4T And yep, if a swap of roofs was possible, I'd jump at it lol

Cool, glad to hear the positive feedback nick88, he seems like a pretty genuine dude...as far as importers go (as we know, they're all a little dodgy ;P)

And yep, not my first Nissan, usually dam tough units.But i will be breaking his balls if things aren't right ;)

The second one has my vote. Looks like it has some nice Dayz options (body kit, fog lamps, front bar carbon fibre insert). I really dislike the front bar on the first example.

Two minor things with second car.

1. Looks like the factory front strut bar got removed. They all come with them from what i recall.

2. Hopefully the aftermarket rear antenna can be removed without damaging the paint ( if not already damaged ). What is that antenna for do you know ? There is a cable you can buy to allow head decks to use the factory built in boot window antenna's.

Looks very clean and you can determine the mods you want to do, not undoing mods already done to your disliking.

Price is great too on the 2nd one so i think it's the winner !

Yeah marshstag the subtle dayz add ons are perfect imo, not over the top but adds just that little bit to the overall look. The front bar of the first one is infact stock with just a bolted on add-on as far as I was told. Was loose and cracked, put me off. Plus getting up my driveway wouldn't have done it any favours.

And Jezboosted, cheers for the heads up on the strut brace.... I didn't know they were supposed to be there standard, will chase one up if that's the case. And the antenna is just clamped there, I have no idea what it runs as there is a plethora of screens and cd/dvd players and stacker inside lollll....standard jap stuff really :P

Hanging for the vehicle test feedback, by around 6-7 tonight I'll know if It's a genuine car or weather I keep looking....fingers crossed it gets a thumbs up!

So the vehicle test came back with a very positive conclusion! The bloke rang me and from the get-go, he was extremely impressed himself.

He said the only thing he could really fault was the left front shock was leaking and probably f**ked, but will be part of rhe rwc so all good there.

So deposit is down, and now I have to distract myself for a week or two while it finishes It's compliance process and registration etc. I can be very impatient, but I'll try my best to stay cool and wait patiently loll

Marshstag do I have to wait until It's compiled to look into the VIN details?

Marshstag do I have to wait until It's compiled to look into the VIN details?

Nope - it's a Nissan database which should tell you about information about the vehicle as it came out of the factory. Just go to the thread that I linked above and request the search to be done on WGNC34131995

Edit: Also - one of the first mods you'll probably want to do is a nice set of coilovers, so the left shock shouldn't be too much of a worry!

Edited by Marshstag

Cheers Marshstag! Just went and posted it to the link you provided.

And yep, coil overs are on my list of mods. Any recommendations? I'll do my research here on the forums, when the time is right...but do you run a set?

Mine has Greddy Coilovers with custom uprated Eibach springs in the rear to support heavier wagon rear.

They were fitted by the previous owner so I can't tell you much about them, other than the ride is great and it looks awesome :cool:

I'm not sure what others are running, but the answer will be here somewhere...

I too are running Greddy coilovers, don't really know much about them either but bought it from someone who imported it with his stagea.
BC's are pretty much the go unless you want to spend quite a bit more for Tien's.