SAU Community

Setting Up Carbon Canister With Plazmaman Throttle Body

Hey guys just seeing if any one on here has run with there carbon canister after installing an aftermarket manifold and throttle body. I'm running a plazmaman plenum with one of there 66mm throttle body, the difference being the factory throttle body has a ported vacuum source on it which runs to the carbon canister and the plazmaman doesn't. Will it be an issue if both lines from the carbon canister are connected to a constant vacuum source? Plazmaman has said no one ever connects them after installing there manifold so just seeing every one else has done, cheers

thats my thoughts exactly. im trying to keep as much of the emission gear hooked up so if the bonnet were to get popped its not something stupid like that i get done for.

does anyone actualy know why exactly it has to be connected to a ported vacuum source?

is it to prevent the engine sucking in fuel vapours in idle conditions and only allows the vapours to be drawn in during part throttle?

Generally there is a solenoid energised by the ecu when the engine is in high vacuum on cruise. It sucks all the fumes out of the tank to create a vacuum, then the solenoid switches off, so even on boost fumes can't escape from the tank.