SAU Community

New Autec Axis

b.sabbath

Posted in the right section now :P

hey guys just purchased an autec axis, used to have a series 1 c34, can any-one tell me the differences between the normal m35 stageas besides the looks,

dose it have better suspension? lsd? etc. Cant really find much on them.

pics of the old one(series 1)

IMG_3642.jpg

pics of the new one

m35stagea_zpsfc1c4430.jpg[/url]

cheers lads(and ladies)

yes it is from melborne, I had an inspection done by vip inspections, they did a full inspect and sent lots of photos inside and out and underneath, seemed good value at $12000.

any reason why you didn't purchase?

Hey b.sabbath,

how much for shipping to Perth? and with who?

I was looking at a white one in Adelaide to ship over here, inspection came back absolutely terribly, full under body rust, warped rotors, leaking trans and 1 and a 1/4 low on oil!!!

inspector was surprised it passed compliance.

Still hunting around for an axis.

hey gunza,

that white one dosn't sound too good. I used VIP Automotive Solutions for everything. they did the pre-inspection, negotiating of price, money handover/car pickup and transport to my driveway (still to do). the transport cost is $1495. I an just waiting for compliancing and then transport to home, of course I then have to take over pits to license in wa. all up will cost me around $15000 when licensed which is about the going rate for one these days.

Edited by b.sabbath

Nice!!!

yeah i went with Adelaide auto inspections, he was very thorough and only cost $160, but no bargaining,etc. (but with report i spose you can do that).

glad i engaged him for it thou!

Ive got wind of 2 axis models coming in this week to Perth via a importer, so am having a look at them when they arrive!

keep us posted when yours hits the west coast!

2 at an importers straight after I find one over east. dammmmmm! would be a lot easier to buy one here.

I've never seen any axis in wa yet even on the stagea cruises I used to go on (while ago now though).

hanging out to get it then i will start modifing, proberlly

with trans cooler, intake, dump and cat (cant put big exhaust because my partner dos'nt like it too loud)

and thinking about shift-kit (wish they did a manual). has any-one made after-market manifolds yet?

Might do a blow-off valve aswell, dose the vq have the same problem as the series 1 rb if venting to atmosphere (stalling)?

Definitely do the shift kit, it also changes all the trans fluids which it would need anyway.

I have only seen a few aftermarket manifolds in Japan, not much need for the headache though. Even HKS used our stock manifolds for their 350z single kits. Not much point changing the manifolds until well over 300kw.

Venting the BOV on any afm metered car is a bad idea, you will have to go MAP sensored with the fcon if you want that.

As with any car, ecu tuning is very important once any serious mods are done, and the only real option at the moment is the Emanage Ultimate unfortunately.

thanks for the answer, how many mods can I do before I need to look at engine management?,

say intercooler,inlet,exhaust, what about aftermarket turbo do they make Bolt-on upgrades, are the

turbos like my s13 just buy a hks gtrs or 2871 and no probs. I haven't had a good look at a vq

engine yet so still learning. any help greatly appreciated, also still like to know the differences apart

from looks that the axis has. cheers

Where are you located mate?

If you want you can come check out mine I've done a few mods, I'm sure I can help inspire you :)

You too gunza we will have to catch up!

that sounds like a go footo, i'm in mt richon(upperclass Armadale. lmao), when mine gets here I will give u a pm, i'd like to see

what you've done and gather info about the stag (I don't need much inspiration to modify ;) ).

so another project to add to my list, partner will be happy :no::whistling:

Edited by b.sabbath

I'm in Melville so not too far, yea no worries always good to see another stag especially the axis!

Haha my missus loved it too when the car was out for a few months...she lets me drive it sometimes :-P

• 1 month later...

its here at last in the driveway after a long wait, and doesn't disappoint, looks great, go's all-right (always needs more power).

it sounds like a hoover though, needs exhaust.

MORE PICS>

IMG_4375_zpsd2e787b6.jpg

IMG_4374_zps065efeea.jpg

IMG_4371_zpsc4293621.jpg

IMG_4378_zps13079ea4.jpg

shiftkit ordered and on the way (big thanks to footo)

brother over in melborne picking up intercooler for it.

happy days ;))))