SAU Community

Thieves

Guest Diabolik1

Guest Diabolik1

Hey All,

i was wondering about something...

All these cars that get stolen, that we unfortunately read about every day, i was just wondering what type of security did they have?

I just installed Brant NEMESIS Alarm in my car last week, and from all the stuff they told me and I read about the alarm, there is no possible way that anyone can steal it in the time that I will be away from the car....

I guess theres always the quote "If they really want to, they will" but it would be very hard to do it in short time...

I am so paranoid parking at any cinema, and its getting to the point where im also getting paranoid parking at Macquarie centre because i heard that a few Skylines got stolen from there aswell.

I guess ill be taking my dad's applause whenever i wanna catch a flick....its sad that we cant even take our cars to the movies these days.

Saddened,

Goran

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - I share your concerns - However, I'm not so worried about someone knocking off my car , as I have two seperate top of the range alerms installed.

I'm more worried about someone coming up to me with a gun, telling me to hand over the keys. That %hit is deadly. Short of carrying a baseball bat in the car - what do you do ??

There are too many Skylines getting ripped off these days.

If you want a top shelf alarm, theres a place called Into Sound in Bondi Junction that do all my work. They spend a lot of time on installation and are the only place that ive seen that bothers to actually hide the alarm module somewhere where thieves wont even find it.

Plus they can customise it with a few internal sirens etc. My alarm has a piezo screamer under each side of the dash so if a thief tries to put his head under the dash to fiddle with my wiring he will definately go deaf :P

The boss David definately knows his stuff about alarms and he takes pride in his work.

9389 9655, ask for David and tell him that George with the blue 200sx xcuzme sent you and he'll look after you. Give him a call and he'll tell you what your options are...

croat also got his alarm there, and cereal_jacques got his stereo there and as far as i know they're very happy with the work done ;)

yullah cuz

the yuallarm costs between 6 and 7 hungie dependin on if yas want tha ful-e sick auto closing glass closin shit cuz and some otha shit.

but its fully hectic bro, not even mohammed the rebirther would be able to break into it cuz

yullah bye.

Originally posted by XCUZME

but its fully hectic bro, not even mohammed the rebirther would be able to break into it cuz

what about wasid and mousa?

i think i will go with the NEMESIS from brant again... it was good when i had the skyline.

Do you know if your cuz's alarm is as good as the NEMESIS?

yullah.

Hows it going george... Yeah rac33r go with into sound they do a top job!!! I paid $700 for my alarm system and all seems to be good... i had a few ppl look at it after and all said it was done well. as George said give 'into sound' a call and speak to David cause i am more than sure he can fix you up for a good price.

Goodluck.

Originally posted by Diabolik1

Prank,  

NEMESIS rox !

cost me a 1000 big ones, but worth it if you ask me.

Amen to that!!

i liked the one on the skyline, only had one instance where the siren stopped working, but that was it.

i think i'll do the nemesis on the 180.

Fyi, a sti with the nemisis system was stolen from wollongong last night so dont go cheering all around...

When i was playing with the system in my mates wrx with a nemesis i had a look at how it was installed and it was down right shocking, was one of the mobile brant guys.

the nemesis system is good PROVIDING it is installed with time, care and patience, which is something the brant guys dont do since theyre pretty busy. ;)

On my old lancer this mobile guy installed a flashpoint alarm into it in like an hour. A year later im driving along in qld doing 120 on the freeway and the car just turns off, steering, brakes, the lot.

Pull over, nrma/racq has no idea whats going on, then suddenly the car turns on again by itself. Was fine back to sydney then around the city it kept turning on at off.....so i kept getting stranded in the middle of the road. Turned out the guy didnt install it on the right circuits and it fried the alarm :)

The alarm system is half of the solution, and the installation is a very important other half...

Originally posted by XCUZME

If you want a top shelf alarm, theres a place called Into Sound in Bondi Junction that do all my work. They spend a lot of time on installation and are the only place that ive seen that bothers to actually hide the alarm module somewhere where thieves wont even find it.

croat also got his alarm there, and cereal_jacques got his stereo there and as far as i know they're very happy with the work done ;)

David wouldn't even tell ME where he hid the alarm in my 'line......:lol:

I would recommend Into Sound to anyone. They're extremely good at what they do and they're a bunch of really nice guys too.......

Actually, I'm a little scared to go back there because David said he would kill me if i sold my car with the system still in it......

Guest Diabolik1

XCUZME,

Damn right...

the Brant guy who installed my Nemesis took 4.5 hours to install...so im hoping he did a good job.

Ive got a few friends with the same alarm and all of them are happy with it, so thats why i went with the same thing, and i know Brant is a pretty popular brand.....

but youre damn right about the alarm being only half the job, and a good installation the other half

Goran

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tgriffin

What about Quiktrak guys?

As long as the system WORKS, if your car gets stolen there will be less damage than there would have otherwise been + a higher chance of catching the crooks.

And if you get carjacked, you're happier to hand it over because they can track it.

Hey guys..the brant inemesis is like 900 fitted??

has any of u guys know nefn abt upgrading to the nem2 with tracking wen it comes out mid next yr..like the costs??

cos the guy gave me an approximate of like other 1000!!!!

so all up it wud cost like 1900...

so I am thinking wot abt quiktrack!!!

around 1500 and u get 1 years monitoring worth 300..!!

can quiktrack be taken out jus as easily as any another alarm??