Thieves

Guest Diabolik1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tgriffin
Originally posted by URMINE

hahaha u dont even need to take it out.. cover it in aluminium foil and apparently the signals gone :)

I was wondering what the deal was with the signal. I heard it still works if disconnected from the battery (for long enough for Quiktrak to call and ask what you want to do).

I got quoted $2206 for install + 1st year from Quiktrak's web site, where did you get that $1500 figure from?

Originally posted by tgriffin

I got quoted $2206 for install + 1st year from Quiktrak's web site, where did you get that $1500 figure from?

from me , i think... coz i know a person who can install it for that much,

his name is tony 0419997020 tell him that john with a black gtr sent u ... he will be more than happy to do it for $1500... he installed quiktrak for me twice (one in gtst, one in gtr...)

very professional, very skilled...

hope this helps u...

I use a auto micro alarm and a separate 3 point immobilser which cost all up $600, it has turbo timer run down, window closers, remote central locking, anti jacking protection and has a total of 4 points immobilised, and if they beat 1 system they have to beat the other, Im sure if ppl are interested I can talk to the guy to get them done at a group buy price, my brother is going to get his 32 done there and the guy knows his stuff. Also he can hook up a mobile phone to the system and if your alarm goes off you punch in a code, and you can set off internal piezos, and switch your cutout points on and off just to make it harder, also the great thing about it is if you get car jacked you give them the car, let them drive out of harms way, dial your car up and shut it down, then you know where the car is and your safe as well...best of both worlds and I think for that system it was an extra $500 or something. anyway i just thought I would share that with you all..good luck.

Scott

Guest Diabolik1

Hmm, wish i knew about the $1500 Quiktrak installation before i got my alarm...but im happy with it anyway

I heard Brant are gonna have a Tracking alarm aswell that will apparently be a lot better than Quiktrak.

Prank, u think NEMESIS would be upgredable to the Brant Tracking system??

Guest tgriffin
Originally posted by Diabolik1

Hmm, wish i knew about the $1500 Quiktrak installation before i got my alarm...but im happy with it anyway

I heard Brant are gonna have a Tracking alarm aswell that will apparently be a lot better than Quiktrak.

Prank, u think NEMESIS would be upgredable to the Brant Tracking system??

Hey,

I posted this in another thread, but just to reply to you..

Brant's tracking is called Nemesis 2 and is just 1 + tracking.

I think the price they quoted me was $2650 (including 1st year) and $320 every year after. A lot more than Quiktrak...

You said you heard it was better, in what way? Right now I can't justify $850 extra for a very similar system.

Guest Diabolik1

I got a friend working at Prosperion in North Sydney, and they install a lot of the Brant's alarms in the new WRX's and a lot of the S15's and stuff...

and he told me it was just better coverage, better wiring, and its got the 6 point immobiliser instead of the 3-point....ummm, he said a lot of other stuff...but i forget.

But like URMINE said, apparently Quiktrak can be stuffed up by wrapping the box up in al foil...apparently also, that doesnt stuff up the new Nemesis tracking system..

dont quote me on anything i just wrote, i got no paperwork to proove that its right....but it makes sense.

Goran

Guest Diabolik1

I just installed Nemesis 1 for $990...and that was the normal price, he couldnt do anything for me....so unfortunately no.

thats why i asked if NEMESIS 1 could be upgraded to 2...

but then again i have about 3 friends with Quiktrak in their cars and theyve had no problems whatsoever...so maybe youre right, that extra money for NEMESIS 2 might not be justified...

Goran

Guest tgriffin

Yeah, my mate got Quiktrak on his new 200sx. He's had a lot of false alarms especially on rainy days. A copper came up to him outside my house when it was going off and said his rexy with Quiktrak did it too.

Guest tgriffin
Originally posted by gdzook

to anyone interested in my previous post automicro is located in rockdale in sydney (or close enough) like I said I could call him for group discounts if anyones interested,  www.automicro.com.au

Scott

Any idea how that matches up towards the Nemesis mate? (it's half the price!)

They make a point about the random coding, black wires and wheel/tow away protection which wasn't mentioned on the Brant site..

no idea sorry, but all i know is it would be difficult to steal and can be very sensitive if you want it to be, the guy makes alot of this stuff himself and is a very good installer and in my oppinion worth a look, especially since you cant set your alarm on a brant while the turbo timer is running which I find quite handy.

Scott

Guest Diabolik1

tgriffin, i think most alarms these days have black wiring (NEMESIS included)...on my R33 i installed a $500 Black Widow alarm and it had black wiring....even though its a very good idea to check before installing it, most alarms will have it...

Goran

Yeah 1500 from Jon..!!!

decisions decisions..!!

yeah the brant one is good as an alarm..but it will still be bloody expesnive for the upgrade to Nem2..like anohte 1500 or woteva!!

wot are those automicro's like...they seem really cheap!!

wot do u guys think of those pager systems...boomerang etc!

any good..or is quiktrack the better option...I am worried abt quicktrak not being a good enuff alarm...??? like a good tracker but how good an alarm..wot's the deal with this foil wrap thing..do the instalation guys hide the tracking device???

Guest tgriffin

The boomerang system sounds alright, but I'd pay a premium for 24/7 monitoring and THEM contacting the cops/etc.

I have EXACTLY the same worry about Quiktrak - their alarm doesn't sound too crash hot, but the tracking is good.

And with Brant - it's $2650 for the Nemesis 2 (Nemesis 1 + tracking) which includes the 1st years monitoring.

Originally posted by Rac33r

Yeah 1500 from Jon..!!!

decisions decisions..!!

yeah the brant one is good as an alarm..but it will still be bloody expesnive for the upgrade to Nem2..like anohte 1500 or woteva!!

wot are those automicro's like...they seem really cheap!!

wot do u guys think of those pager systems...boomerang etc!

any good..or is quiktrack the better option...I am worried abt quicktrak not being a good enuff alarm...??? like a good tracker but how good an alarm..wot's the deal with this foil wrap thing..do the instalation guys hide the tracking device???