SAU Community

Engine Idles Rough, Toxic Smelling Exhaust 34 Gtt

(Manual, 121,000km with light mods turbo 3 inch exh. pod filter, boost T. splitfire coil packs)

Okay so i spent all day re-spraying my rocker covers and spark cover...assembling everything back together..

the throttle body gasket bloody snapped, only like a quarter of the corner came off but there is still bit of gasket on there didnt mean too..so i was like 'meh' bolt it back up again..

then decided to go and spray the cam gear cover..in the middle of trying to take it out i rotated the TPS. i wasnt sure if i was meant to rotate it..cos the damn thing wont come off unless I screw off the bolt holding it in..so i was like f*** it..bolt it back up again..

Re-connected battery terminal, started up my car and it idled high at first then dropped back down after 10 seconds..to normal idle speed...THEN the revs dropped further, the engine was a little bit shaky and the exhaust tips were shaky as well..and it was blowing toxic fumes than normal..it sounds like it's 'put-put-put-putting' almost like a drag car with race cams..

please help ..cheers guys!!