SAU Community

Moving To W.a

RBMunkie

Fkn wut?

That's what they said about Queensland ~3 years ago :/

Not really, no. Leesh recently got a sticker and has had a hard time getting it off, had lots of other mates and acquaintances having trouble recently as well.

All the states are as bad as each other, wanna' go somewhere good for car enthusiasts? Move to California or Texas ;)

Don't worry mate.

​I have my Anti-Jinx undies on.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fkn wut?

That's what they said about Queensland ~3 years ago :/

Not really, no. Leesh recently got a sticker and has had a hard time getting it off, had lots of other mates and acquaintances having trouble recently as well.

All the states are as bad as each other, wanna' go somewhere good for car enthusiasts? Move to California or Texas ;)

this

Yeah good old US of A is good for speeding around, from reading a US based BMW forum it seems like 15mph over is the norm & cops won't bother 99% of the time while the ones that get done for speeding & are complaining with an rant thread got caught doing close to double the speed limit :woot:

& when I asked about modifing my exhuast for the 335i every body's response was something alone the line of 'get a catless one'... LOL

WA is the best state for hoons.

Period.

LOL

Wouldn't that be NT? They are bring back the unrestricted speed limit to a section of the freeway?

QLD is offically the worst place to own a performance car & even worse if it happens to be a TT/ACA favourite hoon car.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/sunshinecoast/2013/11/01/go-too-far-lose-your-car-as-australias-toughest-anti-hooning-laws-come-into-effect/

Most noticable is this type 2 offence

Type 2 offences:

• Infringement notice, notice to appear or arrested for first offence (such as, unlicensed driving, high range drink driving, exceeding speed limit by more than 40km/hr, driving a vehicle that is both uninsured and unregistered, and non-compliance with vehicle standards and safety regulations). Your vehicle will not be impounded or immobilised.
  • 7 day impoundment or immobilisation for second offence.
  • 90 days impoundment or immobilisation for third offence.
  • Vehicle liable for forfeiture on subsequent offence.

Type 2

• Driving a vehicle while it is uninsured and unregistered
  • Unlicensed driving
  • High-range drink driving – 0.15% and over
  • Exceeding the speed limit by more than 40km/h.
  • Driving an illegally modified vehicle not complying with prescribed sections of vehicle standards and safety
  • Failure to supply a specimen of breath or blood
  • Driving while under a 24 hour suspension

Does that mean if you get defected 4 times in a short period of time for crap like 'no water in window washer, handbrake makes too many/few clicks, no tire placecard, no H-shift pattern...) you can lose your car for good...

How the f**k is having a so called 'defectable' car hooning anyway?

& there is something interesting about the more serious type 1 offence too:

Type 1

• Any of the following four offences committed in circumstances which involve a speed trial, a race between motor vehicles or a burn out:
    • Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
    • Careless driving
    • Organising, promoting or taking part in racing or speed trials
    • Wilfully starting or driving a motor vehicle in a way that makes unnecessary noise or smoke
  • Evading police

And according to this http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resources/Internet/services/OperationalPolicies/documents/TM-PublicVersion.pdf, speed trial means:

(i) any attempt to establish or break any vehicle speed record of any description on a road; or
(ii) any trial of any description of the speed of a vehicle on a road; or
(iii) any competitive trial of any description designed to test the skill of any vehicle or driver or the reliability or mechanical condition of any vehicle on any road.

Seems like if accelerating too fast from the lights can also fall under this as (ii)... also someone pointed out from another forum that test driving cars at a dealership is now illegal whether it be testing acceleration speed or testing how much grunt the car has up a hill with your family sitting in the car.

Good thing WA is 20 years behind everyone else so I guess we won't see these for some time... :yes:

All these laws do is breed the perfect Camry grandma driver, the ones that always drive at least 10k under everywhere, take off from the lights slower than the bus next to them, merge on to the freeway still doing 20km/h slower than existing traffic due to slow acceleration, never use >5% throttle & brake the 1st instance they see a speed camera/cop car even if they were already doing 10ks under to begin with.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

• 4 weeks later...