SAU Community

Idling Very Strange And Sometimes Stalling

HYBRID VL

nah im out all weekend and baby shower on sunday so yer ill be at my olds though i was playing around with my AFM my mate said that he heard that S1 AFM can unsolder on the plug dunno how true this is as i see no phsyical difference apart from a colored sticker from S1 and S2 afm Mine is green s2 is pink.

Now started my car and it died would crank over unplugged AFM started ran for at least 5 mins on a bumpy idlebut mostly above 500rpm i also gave it a rev np it wouldnt make boost and alsi seemed like it cut at about 2000-2500rpm this is from engine bay cable rev now i turn it off i gave my AFm a clean again let it dry plugged it back in started it as soon as i reved it it just died and also didnt seem like it was making boost (also led me to think a cooler pipe had split or blown off) but on a switch off then back on again i had boost this is all while AFM was plugged in then it died...unplugged my AFM started it idled without dieing for at least another 5 mins gave it a few hand revs and it still didnt die until i turned it off....So im thinking this problem is AFm isolated OR the plug or AFM loom.

i seen on ebay S2 AFM Pink and orange sticker for like $80 should i invest in one of these will they work on my S1 looks like some come with a brand new plug aswell.

Edited by HYBRID VL

Ok pulled the AFM apart i noticed that the plugs wasnt so tight in but more on one side then the other so after getting the plug off i filed all the prongs on the board and the plug to clean them up and got all the old solder off i then resoldered the prongs back on then tested with a multimeter to make sure power was running through it all four prongs were conducting nicely so i pluggged it back in started the car 1st start run np alil jumpy on idle but could be semi fouled plugs nothing major and did not stall at all seems all good so i put the top plastic lid back on siliconed it around the edges gave the inside of the AFM a generous blasting of Contact cleaner and its sitting in my garage ready to go back on tomorrow with the Pod filter lets hope my problem is solved.

• 1 month later...

Just to let you all know my problem is now fixed cleaned the AFM with CC and also resoldered the plug inside onto the board and resiliconed it on the top so far so good.

Edited by HYBRID VL