SAU Community

26/30 Turbo Options

bubbabooga

Hey all

I have a built rb30 bottom end running je pistons, spool rods and nitto pump.

The engine builder is in the process of changing from rb25de head running a t04z to a pretty much standard 26 head with only hks springs.

I also have the -9's, ces dumps and port matched standard 26 manifolds that where on the 26 head.

Now I'm after some advice or suggestions on my turbo options

I can either just use the -9's which will add a fair bit of complexity to it all or

have a new rb26 flange welded to my existing rb25de setup's manifold which is a very high quality jap stainless job or possibly weld, drill and face some tabs on the ex Mani to suit the 26's different pattern.

Motor is in a cefiro and I'm intending now for it to be track only and used for general thrashing, drifting, hill climbs and khana's and will be changing to e85 also.

I'm unsure if perhaps the -9''s will choke it up and be the limiting factor?

I'm running Nismo twin Plate clutch and standard rb25 box and don't really want to have to be replacing boxes all the time so power goal is around the 350-400kw mark

Cheers much

Dump the dash 9's. The response (provided the engine is built right) would be insanely good but you're going to run out of legs pretty quick. They would be brilliant on a car in a motakhana or tight hill climb but not much chop on an open flowing track with minimal tight slow corners to blast out of.

Get a set of -5's or HKS 2530's (I think that's the right number) which are similar in size and will easily get you 400kw on a well built engine with all the other correct supporting mods.

As for your other option of running a single there's a lot of great options nowadays that will still give you great response but a huge topend, especially on a bigger bottom end that will spool a big single up quicker.