SAU Community

Just Got My First Import Gtst 93 From Victoria

ozdaz

Daryl with the car above that you are looking at, make sure it has a tuneable or chipped ECU

If it doesn't then I personally wouldn't bother. Reason being is that it sounds like a throw together job. If they have been running it like that for a long time then the engine will be pretty worse for wear.

Just found out it doesn't it's low mileage and was imported in 2003.

It's a 98 model, and I'll get it chipped an tuned if the mechanics are sound,

If I'm going all the way to dubbo ill certainly give it a good look over , and if in doubt take it to a mechanic

I'll get some pics of my 93 gtst engine bay from above and below today now I know how to post pics

Thx for the help guys.

Daryl

Just a word of warning:

No ute makes life harder, mines gone, no more piles of sand or gravel, you cant transport this stuff in a wagon!

Stuffing a gearbox in a boot sux, wheels and tyres in the back seat, boot and front seat, or they wont fit......... get the picture?

• Like 1

Just sitting on the second floor of a pub hotel room pondering the bullet I dodged yesterday, I get to half way to dubbo and a txt message comes saying someone stole the stereo and all the speakers , get there thing an this car has totally shot stock suspension , if it blew any more smoke I'd be copping a carbon tax levy, and the engine has a real bad knock, back tires bald , and the seat controller area is missing, it's 6.50am an I'm headed back to canberra.

This guy didn't even want to test drive my ls1 ute , he just wanted to sign the papers. So I was out of there, oh well you win some you lose some.

Cheers an thanks for the advice guys

Daryl

Good decision for sure, sounds like its worth about $1500. :yes:

How about going over the one you got?

Take some photos of the engine bay, suspension etc.... we are curious.

Start reading the forums about how to fix it up.

Heaps of good advice there, good to read before wasting money on blow off valves and other useless junk.

Let the fun begin! :D

post-120922-13816432290657_thumb.jpgpost-120922-13816432646949_thumb.jpgpost-120922-1381643280495_thumb.jpgpost-120922-13816433038749_thumb.jpgpost-120922-13816433239414_thumb.jpgpost-120922-13816433427474_thumb.jpgpost-120922-13816433823882_thumb.jpgpost-120922-13816434117572_thumb.jpg

This is what I'm working with an I'm got to stick with it I thing , would just love someone with experience to try it out and tell me weather it worth the heart ache an $$$ to finish doing it up

Cheers

Daryl

Not a pulsar , if you have a sec could you call me an tell you what you see, I've no idea, 0431691940.

I'm clueless at the moment , I've focused on lsx engines for to long I think

Cheers

Daryl

What type of could are they etc so I can look up what I have an weather it's worth chasing better, I'll put it up on ramps an get a look under it , but I brought it 6-8 months ago an just started driving it, as I was working and working on a ls1 SS . I'm out of my league , an on a small note , I'm a friendly guy , an I am yet to understand why people will only talk in posts.

But I appreciate the advice an will learn as muck as possible

Cheers

Daryl

Well yeah, Richard's right, it looks lowered, It obviously has Pod, Intercooler, and some kind of aftermarket exhaust, Splitfire Coils (blue), the rubber intake pipe likely indicates stock turbo (maybe hiflow but likely not), and the stock boost solenoid is disconnected and there is a Yellow Boost T there so you probably have higher than stock Boost. But without seeing it, It's unknown what Computer it has, so assume stock. Much more than 10psi Boost will send the Computer into SCHITZ mode. (Rich & Retard)

I don't mind looking at it for you, I'm no PRO (always a n00b) but I do what I can... :)

Photo 6 looks like the tps wires are ripped out of the plug or something.

Nice pipes.

Oops no its unplugged :no:

And what does finish doing it up mean? how far do you want to go?

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik

Can that coil over suspension raise the level of the car or does it just a just the stiffness also coils are the good or bad as I've got to raise it for rego transfer, anything you see bad .

I got four wide mags with it they look good but stick out about an inch from the guards do you shorten the axle?

Cheers

Daryl

Basically I was an apprentice electronics tech up at mount stromlo in the late. 80's broke my back an now I do computer tech work from home make money an spend it on thing I've always wanted to try out. An the skyline is one of the thing I wanted to drive so I brought one.

Now I've got to learn turbo tech , an nissan tech, an everything I need to know to move forward .

Daryl

What is a tps plug and should I plug it back in. Basically I've got all the tools now an sick of paying a mechanic an arm an a leg for thing I could do given the knowledge and chance .

Daryl

Can that coil over suspension raise the level of the car or does it just a just the stiffness also coils are the good or bad as I've got to raise it for rego transfer, anything you see bad .

I got four wide mags with it they look good but stick out about an inch from the guards do you shorten the axle?

Cheers

Daryl

Do you have to go to Dickson?

If not you may be able to get adjustable suspension passed. Guys here may have some spare stock ones to get you through.

No, dont mess with the axles, its much cheaper to get the right offset wheels. Or bolt on flares if thats your thing.

And the Throttle Position Sensor plug is connected to your throttle body, on the other side from the throttle cable. Photo 6

Maybe it needs to plug in, ask rob he has a 33, and that photo he put up there.....

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik

In narrabundah :( but the the suburb is getting better , I'm just near the markets an 5 min from fyshwick ,

I'll get a pic of the rego knock back an see what I have to do, but 96 Db exhaust and hight are 2 of the four

Daryl