SAU Community

M35 Blowing Smoke >4K Rpm, Hesitation Around 4.5-4.75K

Dunc

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a decent leak, no wonder it was blowing fuel out the zorst the last 4 months.

A quick pressure test would have found it in no time. :P

I finally got access to a workshop and compressor - but we couldn't find any leaks under pressure, we replaced some pipes and worm drives for good measure though - it's all nice and tight now but the problem persists.

He did do a pressure test! makes me worried about my black smoke now lol

Dunc has the black smoke completely gone?

Edited by Dane

It was a decent leak, no wonder it was blowing fuel out the zorst the last 4 months.

A quick pressure test would have found it in no time. :P

We did try a ghetto pressure test but Id say the bung wasnt good enough. Definitely needs to be specifically crafted for the hose you're fitting it to :P

Awesome result Dunc!

:thanks: Very stoked.

He did do a pressure test! makes me worried about my black smoke now lol

Dunc has the black smoke completely gone?

Probably not 100%, I'll need to throw a gopro on the back again to confirm - but I'd say there might be a couple of rich spots in my map (Untuned, highflowed turbo) but its not like it was in the youtube clip any more; any black smoke would just be if you were looking for it. I can rev it out to 7k at 17+ PSI and theres no dead spots after gear changes.

If you haven't pulled the hose off on the passenger side after the FMIC, do that.

Try the hose between the intercooler & turbo...

I can see you posting, but all I'm reading from you is "I sold my Stagea and now I'm a lesser man"