SAU Community

Hello From Elwood

st4me

Hello I am a new bloke, am about 35 years of age, sell Suzuki (cars) for a living in Brighton. I get a work car (Swift Sport usually) so want something old and cool to look at in the shed and take for a run to the hills every now and then. I have done a bit of drag racing in V8's in the past and I had a lot of fun, so might consider that too. I am pretty keen on getting an R32 GTS T of all things - I realise this is near the bottom rung of Skyline ownership but as a pure driving experence I prefer lightweight, rear drive cars... Plus I like the look of 'em. Plus I reckon the RB20det is one of the best sounding engines ever. I was looking at S15's for a while there but in the end I decided the SR sounds about a tenth as good as an RB and that was important, plus I reckon I can get a decent 32 for a bit less cash and leave some aside for fixing it up.

I had a silver 4 door manual r32 GTS T Type M when I were a young 18 year old back in NZ and ultimately that would be what I'd have again, but I'm not too fussed. I like the stock rims more than any others I've seen, and I don't like any body kit aside from the little boot spoiler. Not even the Type M side pods - although they apparently disguise rust quite well. :-) I prefer to keep the mods to just breathing, cooling and a bit of tuning, I find anything more tends to turn into a bit of a money pit. Am also a fan of cars lowered slightly on stock rims, dunno why. Probably because the car's designers knew what would suit the car best I guess. I do concede plenty of stock rims are rubbish tho.

Once thing I've noticed looking at Skylines is that auto cars are heaps cheaper than manuals, and they often seem to be a bit less messed with and thrashed, so I might consider an auto if it was otherwise pretty mint. I quite like auto turbo 6's (ie XR6 Turbo's) It's fun when they kick down, plus they're better for drag racing. I also get a sore left knee too which sucks with heavy clutches and whatnot. (The Swift has the lightest clutch ever)

I can always convert it to manual down the track can't I...

There is a very nice R32 GTS T on Carsales at the moment that a Dealer wants about $14k for - ha ha ha. Yes it is nice and stuff but geez, that is quite a lot. Maybe they're anticipating it'll be a future classic?

Hello I am a new bloke, am about 35 years of age, sell Suzuki (cars) for a living in Brighton. I get a work car (Swift Sport usually) so want something old and cool to look at in the shed and take for a run to the hills every now and then. I have done a bit of drag racing in V8's in the past and I had a lot of fun, so might consider that too. I am pretty keen on getting an R32 GTS T of all things - I realise this is near the bottom rung of Skyline ownership but as a pure driving experence I prefer lightweight, rear drive cars... Plus I like the look of 'em. Plus I reckon the RB20det is one of the best sounding engines ever. I was looking at S15's for a while there but in the end I decided the SR sounds about a tenth as good as an RB and that was important, plus I reckon I can get a decent 32 for a bit less cash and leave some aside for fixing it up.

I had a silver 4 door manual r32 GTS T Type M when I were a young 18 year old back in NZ and ultimately that would be what I'd have again, but I'm not too fussed. I like the stock rims more than any others I've seen, and I don't like any body kit aside from the little boot spoiler. Not even the Type M side pods - although they apparently disguise rust quite well. :-) I prefer to keep the mods to just breathing, cooling and a bit of tuning, I find anything more tends to turn into a bit of a money pit. Am also a fan of cars lowered slightly on stock rims, dunno why. Probably because the car's designers knew what would suit the car best I guess. I do concede plenty of stock rims are rubbish tho.

Once thing I've noticed looking at Skylines is that auto cars are heaps cheaper than manuals, and they often seem to be a bit less messed with and thrashed, so I might consider an auto if it was otherwise pretty mint. I quite like auto turbo 6's (ie XR6 Turbo's) It's fun when they kick down, plus they're better for drag racing. I also get a sore left knee too which sucks with heavy clutches and whatnot. (The Swift has the lightest clutch ever)

I can always convert it to manual down the track can't I...

There is a very nice R32 GTS T on Carsales at the moment that a Dealer wants about $14k for - ha ha ha. Yes it is nice and stuff but geez, that is quite a lot. Maybe they're anticipating it'll be a future classic?

Welcome aboard the SAU forums... Like your taste of motor - I definitely rate any rb over the sr's :)

Good luck with your car hunt.

Ps: wouldn't pay 14k for an r32 GTS-t... Another 5k and you'll get the r32 gtr ;)

Thanks mate. Yeah it is rough GTR money they're asking... Crazy town.

Welcome aboard the SAU forums... Like your taste of motor - I definitely rate any rb over the sr's :)

Good luck with your car hunt.

Ps: wouldn't pay 14k for an r32 GTS-t... Another 5k and you'll get the r32 gtr ;)