SAU Community

a hello from France to all the community of a great lover of the skyline for years

Let me introduce myself, my name is Christophe, 51 years old, I am an independent boilermaker welder.

I apologize because my English is not great so I am going through a translator for some sentences, I hope I can make myself understood

I have owned an R33 GTR V-spec for over 10 years now, not as extreme as some of you but for us in France it is a nugget worth gold because it was. not marketed.

it in the colors of that of gran turismo 3

I do the track with it has a small 2.6l of 570hp and 630 NM

unfortunately I broke my block a few months ago so I registered to find information on the construction of the famous RB30 with conversion of the RB26 cylinder head. because dear to us there are not many people who have made RB30s themselves...

Today I would like to have around 800 hp

if that tells you; I can give a description of my car because there are quite a few parts on it, from the chassis to the engine including the complete syvecs s6gp management

I hope the questions will be relevant and will not be repeated over and over again.

looking forward to discussing with you

christophe 

20210912_184052_remastered[1].jpg

20210912_184159[1].jpg

312466131_1888664681502011_3057258424383145847_n.jpg

Hi Christophe and welcome!

Yep, as Duncan said there are lots of topics on the RB30 conversions. Where would you source and RB30 block though? Was anything delivered locally with this engine? 

Car looks great! 

thank you for your compliments.😍

hi duncan !! I'm not going to hide from you that I already searched the forum before registering..😉

hi prank !! I already have the engine, I found it on ebay a seller of Spanish wrecks for 1000 euros delivered it to me in my workshop

it appears to be original. I found an RTA but there is not everything on it to check the bass ratings of the engine so I hope to find or have my answers here.

It's apparently an RB30 S2 that was tinkered with. the cylinder head was mounted with a carburetor with two valves on the bottom of the engine, it had 4 valve impressions

Afterwards it is not very young but I think with a little elbow grease I should be able to do something with it

if not I would like to be able to come to your country one day just to be able to drive on your legendary Barthurst circuit in a v8 supercar or with your monstrous trucks

20240201_173647[1].jpg

20240122_144310[1].jpg

20240123_141141[1].jpg

20240123_165632[1].jpg

• Like 1

we call it "dirty 30" down here hehe. Reliable blocks (as they were made in the 80's with poor fuel and oil control). Lots of R31/VL turbo people make 300kW from stock blocks.

But yeah if you fly down here, can hire a can and drive around Mt Panorama (Bathurst), as it's a public 60 km/h road when there's no events on.

thank you niZmo-Man but you're scaring me, are you telling me that the block I found isn't the right one in the rb30 series?! I would have difficulty building it compared to an RB30S for example?!

Afterwards I actually saw that it was rich and that the remaining oil was well burned...

this one was mounted with a large double body carburetor the cylinder head is new but the surprise was by removing the cylinder head and the pistons the lower engine was not new and the water passage I don't even talk about it .... 

So this weekend I'm going to try to wash and remove the sandblasting tablet before starting anything if you reassure me about my block because now you're making me doubt

The block you have is fine, assuming the actual block is OK of course. It looks like RB30S is the carby Patrol version which was not very popular/not a very good match to a very heavy 4wd as an engine so presumably that is what you have; not sure how that turned up in Spain, but good find :)

You will need to consider turbo oil feed and return points, milling a suitable flat spot and tapping a hole for a second tensioner, and check the oil pickup vs your rb26 sump. You will probably need a 2wd/4wd adapter plate to mount the sump as 2wd sump bolt holes are different (not sure if that is true for rb30 from a Patrol, but I think it is). You might want to redrill the gearbox so the lower mounting points are still available as this is for track use.

The rest is all so straightforward it is like Nissan wanted us to do it :)

Duncan 🙏down here it is!! I feel better !!

yes it comes from a patrol y60

so actually I would like to keep my 4-wheel drive, in fact I vaguely looked at this story of adapted housing and I found expensive HI OCTANE DIRECT who are apparently the only ones to do it for 4 wheels! even if I could do it with time since I work with metal. (but sometimes you have to avoid getting pissed off to be productive)

after my crankcase is already modified with a raised greddy crankcase and internally I have a tomei partition and my strainer and already modified for my greddy crankcase so not even afraid of this step.💪

I have a milling machine in my workshop so it should be done for this modification side

so I also looked for the getrag r34 gtr gearbox (yes I switched to gearbox 6 on my r33 for a few years) manual because in vhc (historic vehicle the sequential gearbox is not allowed)

so I also looked for the getrag r34 gtr gearbox (yes I switched to gearbox 6 on my r33 for a few years) manual because in vhc (historic vehicle the sequential gearbox is not allowed) I noticed that the head of the 4 wheel drive return shaft doesn't have much space so it's complicated so I'm going to buy this plate and not waste time on it

This is my priority. while focusing on preparing the lower engine to accept my cylinder head and my Tomei Procam 272 camshafts to have a ratio of approximately 9.50, it looks complicated to me

so I have to pull my hair but I like it

Yes, the Nissan engineers didn't have the courage but did everything to ensure that others like you faced it. was impressed that they were told not to do it at that time out of conviction that it would not work

Edited by krysto_77