SAU Community

Planning To Buy 350Gt .. Advice On Buying ?

planing to buy 350gt --> budget is around 17k

i m actually looking for a manual car but i heard there are some issues with the manual car ..

is it really common with all the manual cars ??

am i better off buying a auto car ??

what else do i need to look when i m buying a car ???

The CD001 Manual box on the Series 1 skylines (03-04) did have issues with weak synchros.

If you can get hold of a series 2 or 3 V35, they should have the CD009 box which resolves this issue, although I heard the coupe only got the CD009 with the series3 ('06), not with the series 2 like the sedan did. haven't been able to confirm that though.

If you buy a Series 1, just factor in a potential gearbox replacement cost, I think Sean had a new CD009, plus clutch and flywheel, installed for around $3k.

Other than that, check the usual items you would on any 2nd hand car, but pay extra attention to the KM showing and confirm the condition of the car lines up with that, eg, if it shows 40,000km, but the carpets are warn, the seats are warn and the brake rotors are lipped, you can be confident it has done far more KM.

The series 1 did have some issues with door lock and window winders I believe.

Also the factory stereo seems to eventually fail and eat your CDs. repairs can be expensive, and a Double DIN facia is required before fitting an aftermarket head unit (around $350+ for the facia).

Greg is correct, the CD001 gearbox in my old 03 coupe shit itself at around 80,000km. Bad grinding in 5th gear and 3rd gear was very loose and difficult to engage. I ended up shipping a CD009 gearbox, Southbend clutch & flywheel from the US for $3200 from memory. CD009 gearbox is great, nice and tight and solid. Definitely the best upgrade i did on my old car.

The only other thing i'd add to what Greg has said is definitely go for a premium, the leather interior and brembo brakes is a nice addition and you can easily get your hands on one of those for that sort of money.

Goodluck with your purchase i'm sure you'll love the car!

but 2006 skyline would cost nearly 20k i believe :(

its lil above my budget but i guess its better to spend that money and get it rather than changing the gear box :)

but there are not much 2006 skylines in on carsales

what are the things i need to know before importing ?? read thru the forums and found that j sec is quite good ..

but 2006 skyline would cost nearly 20k i believe :(

its lil above my budget but i guess its better to spend that money and get it rather than changing the gear box :)

but there are not much 2006 skylines in on carsales

what are the things i need to know before importing ?? read thru the forums and found that j sec is quite good ..

PM me, I may be open to offers on my 2005 series II ;)