SAU Community

Engine Misfire

NeilC

This misfire started about a week ago. Prevalent at low revs between idle and about two grand. My first thought was plugs so I changed them out for a new set. Car is R34 N/a by the way. After putting everything back together the car ran like a clock. Whilst I had it apart I physically checked the coil packs which look brand new btw. They are green coloured and as far as I am concerned not the original ones. Am concerned because they are only held in by one bolt the second hole on the pack does not line up with the other bolt hole. Is this normal? Also the laminated steel coil the bolt goes through is loose in the coil body as well. Today coming back from Melbourne in the heat it has started to miss again the same as before so am thinking coil pack/s. Am sure genuine packs have a nissan logo and part number on them. The packs for my CA18DE Exa do. Any ideas or thoughts as this just adds weight to my suspicions about things that were changed at compliance. (Headlights changed for a crappy faded set of halogens, child safety anchors not fitted properly and some other little odds and sods) All I will say about the mob that brought this car in to the country and complianced it in March last year is I dont like munching on curry if you get my drift. Oh not to mention the crap tyres they put on it as well. I dont even know if the standard wheels on it now were on it when it landed. Anyway rant over. Advise please.

The coil packs on R34 's are notoriously weak in hot temperatures so if they are standard I'm willing to bet that's the cause (or one of)

As for the bolts lining up if be worried :S the bolts on my standard ones line up and same with the split fires...

For reference this is a pic of my standard coil packs fresh out of the carpost-95739-13908234881184_thumb.jpg

Thanks Brennan. I suspected as much as this only started when the weather warmed up but I didnt tie the two together at the time. Oh well another expense to add to the list.