SAU Community

Chamber And Caster Arm's

_GTR_

I got new wheels put on my 1995 R33 GTR V-spec the other day and the wheel alignment results said that the car needs a front camber and caster kit put on.

I have looked on different websites for Ikeya Formula front upper camber arms and there are two different types postive and negative I'm guessing I need the negative type but not sure?

http://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/bccatpartlist2.php?make=Nissan&carcode=R33C&intake=FI&category=suspension&subcat=Rods and Control Arms&sortby=

http://www.rhdjapan.com/ikeya-formula-front-upper-link-set-nissan.html

For caster adjustment do I only need tension rods.?? http://www.rhdjapan.com/ikeya-formula-strengthened-bush-tension-rods-4wd-nissan.html

post-120471-0-03758700-1391919809_thumb.jpg

I bought Cusco items for both. The Cusco upper (neg) camber arms are cheaper than the Ikeya items and perfectly satisfactory.

I like the Ikeya tension arms because you can specify bush type rather than pillowball (although they are very expensive)

Unless you're running R spec tyres that's too much neg camber. Have you lowered the car a lot? (that will bring more neg camber). SydneyKid used to say that 350mm wheel centerline to top of the guard is as low as you can go on the front and still get a reasonable result. That required two sets of the whiteline adjustable bushes (one for the inner pivot, one for the outer pivot) on the stock upper control arm. For the rear dont go below 340mm. The front should always be 10mm higher that the rear. Fronts guards need to open out more to provider clearance for the turning wheels - its not that the car is dragging its bum.

Remember pillow ball aka rose join stuff is probably not legal, and wont last as long as bushed stuff, so unless its a dedicated race car, is a better option IMO.

Just jap may have some hardrace arms that are supposed to be ok if you want to take that road.

I'm using Achilles ATR Sport tyres 265/35 r18 on Work XD9 rims 18x10's , The car had been lowered before I bought it with all aftermarket suspension front and back with all aftermarket control arms at the rear. When I got it, the owner returned the front suspension back to stock. Now the car sits high at the front and low at the back. This is just a street car.

Not sure how you come to have so much negative camber with stock suspension. .. its great with slicks on the track but it will make a mess of your 265s on the street. You won't correct that much with bushes you will need camber arms.