SAU Community

Vin 17 Or 18 Characters ? Series 2 Gt350

That is the model code.

The VIN is the chassis number - PV35-500141. In Australia they add a bunch of digits to the front of that number for the VIN.. something like 600001.

Check the compliance sticker, it should have a full Australian VIN. or if it was registered in VIC, I think they also stamp the full VIN into the body near one of the strut towers.

There is a chassis number which I guess is 'international',but more digits are required for Australian records, so the government adds a bunch of numbers before the chassis number for the VIN as recorded on your Australian registration.

Full VIN is: 6U90000PV35500141

The car was complied by Extreme Xposure Pty Ltd (Vic) on 6th December 2012.

Using the chassis number (PV35500141) you can look up the compliance details using this link:

http://raws.infrastructure.gov.au/rawswebpublic/RAWPubVehSearch.asp

Not sure what kind of history you're after but given that the car only arrived in Aus a bit over a year ago you might need to try and get hold of the cars history in Japan (carhistory.com.au etc... won't be able to tell you much).

Thanks so much for that, after any info I could get really.

Checked it out tonight, was in reasonable nick except broken drivers seat and the seat had that horrible sweaty *rse smell (hope that comes out!), also the owner sounds like he fills it with 91RON which may or may not be bad for the engine from what I've read still trying to work it out ;)