SAU Community

Just Moved To Canberra

As the title says pretty much.
Staying with a mate.

So - I come here, bugger all clue about the city, bugger all dosh, with a fine I still have to pay.
But hey it was be jobless here - or in sydney, where I had to pay rent, etc... lol.

So, what is there to do around here, and if anyone has any part time jobs just to get me by I'd be cheering.
But for now, may as well explore while I hunt for a job.
Looking for a change, enjoying Canberra so far, bugger all work for a Tyre Fitter/Wheel Aligner, so I am looking for a change for the better, retail, delivery, I dunno - something.

Get me back on my feet.
So if anyone is keen to hang out - lemme know. ^_^

Welcome,

Canberra is cold in winter and big fat roads (careful of black ice - this is a layer of ice on the road which cannot be seen very well, hence slippery) and A lot of round-a-bouts so get some coilovers and strut bars to enjoy it!

Also, Canberra went through a huge cull in the public service (I am one of them), so people finding work is pretty competitive. However, your line of work probably wouldn't be that affected hopefully.

one more thing, every Friday night the Silva and Skyline boys and galz meet up at Grevillea park (right next to the CBD - the big lake) from 9:30pm until you want to leave (12am'sih). They just talk cars and politics :P

Other than that, welcome.

Welcome to Canberra.

Where abouts are you staying, like what suburb? What are you skilled in and interests? I'm sure we can find you a job.

There is plenty to do, I suggest take a drive around and check out what Canberra has to offer. There are some great roads to drive around.

Annnd remember we aren't all public servants and pollitions like everyone thinks lol

Bridgestone Fyshwick are looking for a Service Fitter now ! Link

And drop resumes at the Kmart service centres.

Seems its a truck tyre fitter

Hospitality/Retail is the easiest jobs in the ACT to pick-up to get some income. Hopefully your getting Newstart already.

Coffee shops and retail shops

Edited by Sinista32

Welcome, looks like you may get a job real soon. :thumbsup:

Youve gotta check out the Brindabellas, The Cotter, Uriarra, The roads up there can be real fun.

Basically the mountains to the west. Just be careful everytime you go out there, first lap should be for checking the road is hazard free. There can be rock, trees, gravel etc on the road from storms.

There are some nice twisty bits and its not very far to get there.

If your into dirtbikes, its pretty much a state forest playground from here to Gundagai. :O Yes its huge.

If your into prospecting, go the Brindies again. Sapphires are lying around on the surface, and other stuff too.

Remember the lakes in town are basically stormwater settling ponds, not very clean for swimming in. Not at all. So if you like fishing, carp in the lake, or go the mountain dams for trout and cod. Also the south coast is only an hour away, Batemans bay, Nowra, etc, beautiful down there, great fishing, and the food is awesome.

The first time you wake up on a clear winter morning and see the snow on the mountains is real nice.

Anyway thats the area i like and know the best, i can show you heaps of cool stuff up there.

And Belconnen, ive always been a Belco boy, i know this part of Canberra very well. What side of town are you on?

Ps: Welcome to the biggest country town in Aus, far more rednecks than public servants. :laugh:

• Like 1

Welcome, looks like you may get a job real soon. :thumbsup:

Youve gotta check out the Brindabellas, The Cotter, Uriarra, The roads up there can be real fun.

Basically the mountains to the west. Just be careful everytime you go out there, first lap should be for checking the road is hazard free. There can be rock, trees, gravel etc on the road from storms.

There are some nice twisty bits and its not very far to get there.

If your into dirtbikes, its pretty much a state forest playground from here to Gundagai. :O Yes its huge.

If your into prospecting, go the Brindies again. Sapphires are lying around on the surface, and other stuff too.

Remember the lakes in town are basically stormwater settling ponds, not very clean for swimming in. Not at all. So if you like fishing, carp in the lake, or go the mountain dams for trout and cod. Also the south coast is only an hour away, Batemans bay, Nowra, etc, beautiful down there, great fishing, and the food is awesome.

The first time you wake up on a clear winter morning and see the snow on the mountains is real nice.

Anyway thats the area i like and know the best, i can show you heaps of cool stuff up there.

And Belconnen, ive always been a Belco boy, i know this part of Canberra very well. What side of town are you on?

Ps: Welcome to the biggest country town in Aus, far more rednecks than public servants. :laugh:

this post makes me want to move to canberra.

but I know id just watch tv like I do here.

Nice Talk up Mik! :D

I've always liked Canberra's ability to produce some amazing Sunrises and Sunsets, mad Temp range ie. -80 in winter and +400 summers and the fact it doesn't take too long to get in, out or around.

(Born and Raised) :thumbsup:

Edit* Do it Luke! Join us.

• Like 1

Cheers guys, the ACT group seems a little nice than NSW. lol.
Been driving around Canberra for the last couple of days with Brad (the guy with the white GT R34 I'm staying with.)
Got a Job interview monday with JAX.

So hopefully I will be getting back into a car that goes SuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuTUUTUTUUTUU soon enough.
Keen on the meet tonight, any more details?
Both myself and Brad would be keen to come.

I've just had my GPS, tablet, chargers, etc all STOLEN from my car last night in Holt.

If a GARMIN GPS comes up for sale and a TOSHIBA Tabet comes up for sale in the Canberra area.
let me know.

I'm gonna beat the f**k out of the thieving dream boats.

Serilkus....nice welcome to Canberra :/

I assume your on FB. join a group called tyson's buy swap sell car parts or something. Heaps of bogans on there...it'll probably end up on there

Edited by gtr judd

I've just had my GPS, tablet, chargers, etc all STOLEN from my car last night in Holt.

Oh man that sux! I used to live in Holt (now in Dunlop) and yeah, a bit of dodgeness goes on round there and round here too a bit.

My Mrs had her Ford Capri stolen from my driveway in Holt. Lucky you still have your car...:/