SAU Community

R34 Gtr Diffuser Fins - Now Upgraded

PAV34

So I have wanted to upgrade my oem diffuser fins for a while now. As most R34 GTR owners will agree, the stock plastic items tend to get a little scraped/stone chipped over time.

I decided I was going to investigate what Nismo 'GT Diffuser Fin' replacements would cost me. Turns out they are about $1000+. After I proceeded to pick my jaw up off the ground, I decided that i was going to fabricate my own.

The plan was to make them similar to the Nismo style fins, but out of aluminium and then spray with Plastidip, as so to give the fins the oem look. I felt that simply rattle can or powder coating wouldn't have had that much needed resistance to stone chips.

Photos of the end result:

IMG_4481_zps684e7413.jpg

IMG_4468_zpsad0d0c77.jpg

IMG_4479_zps1e82e4ed.jpg

IMG_4478_zpse862cc9c.jpg

IMG_4471_zps73f4c90f.jpg

I am really happy with the results. Photos may not do them justice but It does give the rear end a more aggressive look. Each fin is very solid when mounted and the ground clearance remains the same too. Stock mounting points and fin positions were used. I decided to delete the mounting points at the edge of the diffuser (one with the plastic clip) as I felt the 'upturn edge' intruded on the whole aggressive look of the extended fin.

So my question is - Would any other R34 GTR owners be interested in a set? Depending on the response, I could possibly get them fabricated for a fraction of the price that Nismo are asking.