SAU Community

Sub/Amp Install Problem

Hey all, my current setup is a head unit, a 4ch amp powering 2 fronts and 2 rears, and a seperate amp(2) powering the sub.

I took the sub and its amp(2) out as they are unsecured, and i was going drifting at calder park.

All was good, with the sub/amp(2) out, and the other speakers still worked fine on the way to calder and back. Then when i put the sub/amp(2) back in, the entire system stops working. all the other electricals still work, i.e. head unit lights up and says its playing, but NO sound. I took the sub/amp(2) back out again, and now the other speakers work again (but obviously no sub).

I checked the fuses in amp(2), and they seem to be fine. I'm quite sure i wired it all up correctly, as I labelled the wires very carefully, and put lots of tape around each wire ending while i was drifting so that they wouldn't short out as well...

Any ideas? Music sux without bass :D

might have damaged something when removing it? did you take the insulating tape off when you put it back together?

is the fuse in engine bay? is there another fuse on the amp? maybe your sub/amp just decided to give in...

does the amp turn on??...does the light come on??...thats the first thing to check if not check ur fuses and if u have a test light or mulitmeter then check if u have battery and trigger on the amp and make sure the earth is secure...

It is possible that u could have shorted the amp when u reinstalled it if u wired up the power first...all it takes after that is to short the screwdriver to the chassis of the amp when screwing the speakers back in and u will damage the amp...i have seen it many times happen