SAU Community

Question From A New Stagea Owner

NZStagea14

Hi all,

New Stagea owner from New Zealand here.

Loving my 2004 M35 250RX, had it for a week now, still getting used to all the bells and whistles.

I'm trying to get an AUX hooked up for music, I have had a look through the forums here and while there is alot of information regarding plugging in other devices to the TV tuner, I can't find anything on simply getting a 3.5mm AUX hooked into it.

AFAIK, this would be accessed though the ATR option on the OEM TV? any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Yup, you can setup an Aux cord including video for the TV to run, I'm currently using an iPod classic for all my music and it just runs though the TV tuner. Wiring take a little bi of running bu its worth it. I leave my Radio on Aux most of the time, or if you have the steering wheel controls, just press mode until it goes to aux (this is the easiest way I've found).

Take a look at this topic:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/203961-stagea-series-2-m35-digital-tv-upgrade/page-10

And you'll see the plug about 2 posts down to use. You can either make one of these (I think in that topic it tells you how), you can order one, or, if you are lucky enough, you might find a wrecked stagea with one of the looms. Simply plug it into the tv tuner (located in the passenger side of the boot, you need to remove the side pocket) and then route it to wherever you wish (mine is in my centre console)

Hope this helps

Yup, you can setup an Aux cord including video for the TV to run, I'm currently using an iPod classic for all my music and it just runs though the TV tuner. Wiring take a little bi of running bu its worth it. I leave my Radio on Aux most of the time, or if you have the steering wheel controls, just press mode until it goes to aux (this is the easiest way I've found).

Take a look at this topic:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/203961-stagea-series-2-m35-digital-tv-upgrade/page-10

And you'll see the plug about 2 posts down to use. You can either make one of these (I think in that topic it tells you how), you can order one, or, if you are lucky enough, you might find a wrecked stagea with one of the looms. Simply plug it into the tv tuner (located in the passenger side of the boot, you need to remove the side pocket) and then route it to wherever you wish (mine is in my centre console)

Hope this helps

Awesome. cheers mate.

WIll have a crack in the weekend.

Hi Mat, you could also try an fm modulator that plugs inline with aerial plug behind the oem headunit. Thats what i have done with my car. What part of nz are you? I might able to help you with the install.

Hi Mat, you could also try an fm modulator that plugs inline with aerial plug behind the oem headunit. Thats what i have done with my car. What part of nz are you? I might able to help you with the install.

that sounds promising. I'm in Dunedin.

If you end up making it, its nice and easy, plus you can route the cables anywhere you like. I ended up placing a nice set into the side of the centre console (kind of like the wall mounted ones, or like wha you see out the back of a stero, but inside the centre console, if you get what i mean?) Was pretty easy, only required 3 small holes and a bit of solder for the wires, lookes nice and tidy, and is out of the way of prying eyes.

If you were anywhere near Tauranga I'd give you a hand.

If you end up making it, its nice and easy, plus you can route the cables anywhere you like. I ended up placing a nice set into the side of the centre console (kind of like the wall mounted ones, or like wha you see out the back of a stero, but inside the centre console, if you get what i mean?) Was pretty easy, only required 3 small holes and a bit of solder for the wires, lookes nice and tidy, and is out of the way of prying eyes.

If you were anywhere near Tauranga I'd give you a hand.

Way down in Dunedin unfortunately, but you could tell me, do I need the whole handbrake bypass just to access audio when in the aux mode on the OEM tuner? also which pin on the plug at the back of the tuner do I hook into to access just the audio?

was thinking of doing something in the centre console as well (lots of space in there, out of the way).

I'll take a photo of mine, show you how the aux pins came out.

Na, if you have the TV in aux, you only need the handbrake bypass to access video. But if you're driving you don't really need the bypass anyways, unless you put in a reverse cam. But the audio still plays wen moving.

For the Audio, the pins are stated in this topic:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/347479-fitting-an-asuka-tv-tuner-in-a-m35/

The first post is great, it tells you how to wire up a lead of your own, and which pinouts are which in a nice diagram. If you are making your own lead, my suggestion is put the video in at the same time.