SAU Community

Anyone Have Or (Had) A Black Car... Good Or Bad?

How do you add pics to your posts

When replying, hit the button 'more reply options' then it will give you an option to attach files, 'choose file' add pic from there.

When replying, hit the button 'more reply options' then it will give you an option to attach files, 'choose file' add pic from there.

Didn't mean to post so many times. It was saying 'timed out' and didn't show that the post went through....

post-134916-0-91349800-1403548329_thumb.jpg

Edited by Black Dog

Thanks Nightcrawler, I found the gocar website a few days ago, it's a great site. Heaps of information.

I noticed the 3.5L Hybrid a while ago on the OZ site. Sure is nice and as you said the specs are awesome. If I had $82,000 approx for the top model laying around I would think of dishing it out on that.

Better yet I was looking on the USA Infiniti site & the 2014 Q60 IPL looks awesome. Loving the body kit & it has a nice tuned 348hp/260kw engine. Very nice, damn we miss out big time in Australia, not only do we not get the models but our prices are Farking insane....

http://www.infinitiusa.com/coupe/q60-ipl

Very nice ride Nismo. Like I've said I reckon you can't beat the colour black, it's a real head turner. It would just do my head in keeping it spotless :(

Big thanks to everyone who has replied, you have all helped me out heaps :)

I've definitely changed my mind on getting the black. I'm going to start another post, as I've pretty much narrowed down the colours I'm going for. I can't see these cars in person to judge the colours, as I live in the country & I know for sure no one has one. So again any opinions will be a big help. It's the last thing I need to get sorted before I can order my beast ;)

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul

The Blue R34GTR looks stunning, night or day.

I have a blue 350GT Skyline as well,lots of looks and it if I had seen a Blue R34GTR I think I would have gone that way BUT with the cover I only clean the front and back windows and wash once a month unless driving in the wet. :)

post-134126-0-30144700-1403553691_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've had 2 black r34s and they are honestly the best looking, behind midnight purple. But they are also the hardest to keep clean, and any imperfections show up 2/3x more than in white. The biggest thing for me is the rain, as it can water stain, then dust sticks to it and makes it look awful and lose its' shine. I have found keeping it well waxed so the water beads, and keeping it under a car cover (obviously not easy if it is a daily, but I have only done 1.5k kms in 6 months) helps a lot. Honestly, I don't think I would go another colour just because 'it's easier to keep clean' but I am an enthusiast and will do anything to keep it looking nice for my rare weekend blat. If it was my daily - I have a white car and I haven't washed it in a year I reckon and it looks cleaner than a black car does after a week.

I've had 2 black r34s and they are honestly the best looking, behind midnight purple. But they are also the hardest to keep clean, and any imperfections show up 2/3x more than in white. The biggest thing for me is the rain, as it can water stain, then dust sticks to it and makes it look awful and lose its' shine. I have found keeping it well waxed so the water beads, and keeping it under a car cover (obviously not easy if it is a daily, but I have only done 1.5k kms in 6 months) helps a lot. Honestly, I don't think I would go another colour just because 'it's easier to keep clean' but I am an enthusiast and will do anything to keep it looking nice for my rare weekend blat. If it was my daily - I have a white car and I haven't washed it in a year I reckon and it looks cleaner than a black car does after a week.

Yeh I know what you are saying, I have a silver Tiida that I drive the kids around in and that looks cleaner after a month than the Black R34 after a few days, my blue 350GT also looks cleaner after a month BUT I love the black R and waiting for my Advan RS-D Machine/gloss 18x 10.5 black rims to finish it off :)

I made a cover system that is easy to put on and off in a minute so all good now :)

Nathangr, you can add multiple pics in the one post. Instead of one per post. 'Choose file', then 'attach this file' and so on. BTW, nice ride.

Pete, I spotted the blue car in your pic of garage showing your car cover set up. Very nice, once again. Quite a stable of toys you have ;)

I heard car covers can be bad, for reasons that they can scratch the car? Is there a certain cover you get over another? Or is it just not true, that they are bad?

Steve, I really do love the black. You just can't beat it in terms of sheer looks, especially for a sports car. However the one I'm getting will be a daily driver, so unfortunately it will be just too impractical in terms of the amount of time I would have to spend on keeping it clean. Real bummer..... :(

Have a look at the new post I've got going, 'Final colour choice'. Any input would be a big help. There is one particular colour Slate Blue, I like, but I don't know if it would show every little scratch, mark etc like the black.

Cheers, fellas

Paul

post-134916-0-60632800-1403616996_thumb.jpg

post-134916-0-91994900-1403617025_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul

That blue on the 350GT looks different in changing light, I have had that for 7 years, just a great car to drive even though it is an auto and with the Twins I put on and the torque of the V6, it flies :)

I am going to sell it after I do the rebuild of my r34 with the Nismo 3.2Lt stroker on a RB30 block :)building it for torque :)

The cover is a showroom model and has a soft,fluffy underside and as it gets lowered onto the car, that in MY mind helps prevent marks as you are not dragging it over the car to put it on.I will wash it every 6 months but I guess that depends what happens after the first wash, might end up in pieces in the machine,haha

I think the main problem people have with covers, they cover them outside in the weather and between wind, rain and the grime the cover absorbs it will scrub your paint.

I have only had the cover on for a month and have not noticed any problem and hope it stays like that, I think I will still wash it every couple of week because I use it just about every day and crap build up and that will cause marks even with a good cover. BUT I love the black look. But that blue is great, well in photos as I have not seen one on the street.

Hi PaulThat blue on the 350GT looks different in changing light, I have had that for 7 years, just a great car to drive even though it is an auto and with the Twins I put on and the torque of the V6, it flies :)I am going to sell it after I do the rebuild of my r34 with the Nismo 3.2Lt stroker on a RB30 block :)building it for torque :)The cover is a showroom model and has a soft,fluffy underside and as it gets lowered onto the car, that in MY mind helps prevent marks as you are not dragging it over the car to put it on.I will wash it every 6 months but I guess that depends what happens after the first wash, might end up in pieces in the machine,hahaI think the main problem people have with covers, they cover them outside in the weather and between wind, rain and the grime the cover absorbs it will scrub your paint.I have only had the cover on for a month and have not noticed any problem and hope it stays like that, I think I will still wash it every couple of week because I use it just about every day and crap build up and that will cause marks even with a good cover. BUT I love the black look. But that blue is great, well in photos as I have not seen one on the street.

Pete, you say the Twins you put on the nice blue V35. Do you mean an aftermarket exhaust system? If so what one?

I saw a Quicksilver exhaust on a V36 and it looked very nice. Not sure if it helped a huge amount in terms of performance gains but I'm sure it would sound nice and it looks mean.

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/Infiniti-GX37-Coupe-and-Convertible---Sport-Exhaust-(2009-on)_INFINITI_751_productbulletin.htm

Edit - not sure if link takes you straight to the exhaust?

Edited by Black Dog

^^^ lol I am sure he meant twin turbos :yucky:

Haha Serious, I didn't even think of turbo, doh. I thought once you start adding turbos, super chargers etc you then have to do shitloads of extra mods $$$$ to make sure the standard car can take it.

Yea aps twin turbo kit so jelly!! Im after a tt kit myself gonna bite the bullet and go gtm methinks

Damn I would be a happy chappy to whack one on the V36, oh yeah :)

Surely it must cost megabucks and as I said above all the extra mods?