SAU Community

Anyone Have Or (Had) A Black Car... Good Or Bad?

Pete, you say the Twins you put on the nice blue V35. Do you mean an aftermarket exhaust system? If so what one?

I saw a Quicksilver exhaust on a V36 and it looked very nice. Not sure if it helped a huge amount in terms of performance gains but I'm sure it would sound nice and it looks mean.

http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/Infiniti-GX37-Coupe-and-Convertible---Sport-Exhaust-(2009-on)_INFINITI_751_productbulletin.htm

Edit - not sure if link takes you straight to the exhaust?

Hi Paul, took the kids up the coast for a few days.

I do not know the brand name as it came with the APS Twin Turbo System and just said ""Back Cat Exhaust" sounds great and I am sure it flows reasonably well as they want to make work as a unit.

Here is a couple of the black R34 and one reason black is OK if they get dirty, you can clean them all over again :).

post-134126-0-03422300-1404105710_thumb.jpg

post-134126-0-92666000-1404105780_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I do not know the brand name as it came with the APS Twin Turbo System and just said ""Back Cat Exhaust" sounds great and I am sure it flows reasonably well as they want to make work as a unit.

Here is a couple of the black R34 and one reason black is OK if they get dirty, you can clean them all over again :).

Off topic a little, but that R needs like 2-3 inches more low.

Not to say it isn't spectacular though, cause it is. :)

Edited by sleptema

Hi Paul, took the kids up the coast for a few days.I do not know the brand name as it came with the APS Twin Turbo System and just said ""Back Cat Exhaust" sounds great and I am sure it flows reasonably well as they want to make work as a unit.Here is a couple of the black R34 and one reason black is OK if they get dirty, you can clean them all over again :).

Damn Pete, you can't be just flashing pics of your black car around willy nilly.... You need to warn me first ;)

Argh, I still love the black and I love the stealthed out look. I would get rid of most chrome & also black the wheels, grill, windows etc. Love it.....

I went to fill out the search form last night to get my import process started and I would have put the Graphite/Grey colours however the form didn't go through. Now after being reminded how great black can look, I might be back at square one again and go Black....

It's so frustrating especially since I can't see the car colours in person :(

Doesn't need anything... "moar low" is for carpark posers who don't want to be left out of the cool crowd

Screw the cool crowd, I just prefer the look of having no gap between tyre and wheel guard. Just looks 4x4 spec like that.

Like I said above, not to say it isn't a great looking car, just personal opinion.

Screw the cool crowd, I just prefer the look of having no gap between tyre and wheel guard. Just looks 4x4 spec like that.

The look is understandable but it should never be at the expense of the practicality. That's why my V is at stock height. No concern for scrapes.

and when you clean them too much as most people with black cars do.. they often end up looking like this...

DSCN1870_zpsc40a9e26.jpg

good from afar, but far from good ..

Truth is they do take some knowledgable maintenance to keep them looking proper...

But if you are prepared to take some time to learn the correct maintance procedures they will reward you...

and when you clean them too much as most people with black cars do.. they often end up looking like this...

DSCN1870_zpsc40a9e26.jpg

good from afar, but far from good ..

Truth is they do take some knowledgable maintenance to keep them looking proper...

But if you are prepared to take some time to learn the correct maintance procedures they will reward you...

Yeah, I'm definitely not the type of person to spend ages cleaning & buffing my car... It might be different if I had a Supercar, say like a Pagani Zonda R or Bugatti Super Sport, drool... Torture :(

So not the colour for me, however I still think it's the best looking colour.

ARTZ, is that pic a bit like what they call paint burn in?

Also as far as the correct method for maintaining black cars etc. Surely All you have to do is watch the movie 'Karate Kid' ;) just make sure it's the original movie and not the rip off/remake one.....

Edit - Forgot to add this website, some might find some handy hints on it.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com

post-134916-0-54069800-1404678740_thumb.jpgpost-134916-0-81991400-1404678904_thumb.jpgpost-134916-0-38925000-1404678935_thumb.jpg

The pics I have added were taken by me, all I had was iPhone, so not the best quality. I was lucky enough to see it in person, pretty close to when it was released to the public. It was in the middle of Berlin, Germany, at their superstore/museum, amazing place btw, it has every important product the company has made throughout the years, including some amazing old motorbikes. Mind blowing to see it that close in real life. I also spoke to the main guy that was there, he had driven the Super Sport model, so it was a real treat to hear first hand feedback on how good it really is. I swear he has one of the best jobs :)

Edited by Black Dog

With a black car, if the paint is in that kind of condition, to get a professional to cut it back so there are no marks, then keep it waxed to protect the paint? My first black skyline, I used to cut it back every time it got like this (like an absolute idiot) and I ended up destroying paint in some of the areas where it was light from factory. Trying to not make the same mistake with this one haha.

yeah once its professionaly buffed and coated, maintenance is actually quite easy...soft bucket wash with a soft mitt and hose and towel dry...easy

Problem is most peple dont do this and wash there car with stiff brushes and scrub at dirt instead of using the proper methods to remove it..

Once you learn the correct way though it is actually very easy..

but you have to learn the correct way first ;)