SAU Community

R34 Help?

Howdy everybody, I'm recently new to the forum/community, read a few topics here and there but never joined up.

However, currently having a issue with my car and looking for some advice from anyone who can lend a struggling bloke a hand.

So, I bought my 2001 r34 25gt at 60k on the clock. At about 90 the standard coil packs started missing the first time. We couldn't find the single coil that was missing. So went ahead and replaced all 6.

I bought them on eBay in 2012 and because of some of the websites gayness I can't go back to view last items in detail from that long ago and I can't for the life of me remember what brand they were and other stuff. And I haven't had a chance to pull them out and look at them.

However I was just wondering as iv noticed it's a regular problem for neo6 motors with the temperature, if anyone knows the best coils to buy for the N/A 25gt or even any advice on how to combat the problem.

Also looking to get a high flow panel filter. Any suggestions on brands or whether it may be better to go a pod filter even though air intake would be warm from motor.

Cheers

Laanyy

Edited by laanyy

Stock panel filter is perfectly fine to make alot of power through. Like 3 times the power an na will make so save your cash.

The best coils are genuine nissan ones.

Then split fire.

Might not actually be the coils though, it could be the loom.

As above, genuine nissan coils are the best bet, many people run splitfires because I believe they are cheaper and just as effective.

Protip: you're not going to make decent power out of an n/a. Short of shaving the head and increasing compression, there isn't anything that will give you significant gains. When you are off your P's, get a GTT.

If it is missing on idle, unplug each coil one by one until you find that the one you unplugged does not make it run worse.

Thanks brothers.

I'm well off p's but I'm just fixing a few bugs on this car before I look to chucking her on the market to upgrade.

We did do trial and error with the coils but it rarely misses and never seems to miss on idle when we have the bonnet of idle which is why I don't mind just replacing all 6

If it were to be the loom, what ways do I have to test it?

And again if I were to replace it, just go with genuine Nissan?

Do either of you fellas know a link or where I could get new genuine Nissan neo coils?

Thanks brothers.

I'm well off p's but I'm just fixing a few bugs on this car before I look to chucking her on the market to upgrade.

We did do trial and error with the coils but it rarely misses and never seems to miss on idle when we have the bonnet of idle which is why I don't mind just replacing all 6

If it were to be the loom, what ways do I have to test it?

And again if I were to replace it, just go with genuine Nissan?

Do either of you fellas know a link or where I could get new genuine Nissan neo coils?

The looms are hard to check as they fail intermittently due to dodgy cracked connectors etc.

I would say amayama would be cheapest for coils, but as you are selling it I wouldn't bother buying new.

Where are you located?

I have some yellow jacket coils laying around you can try and if they work buy them for cheap.

I'm in the Yarra Valley pretty much.

Replaced the spark plugs but haven't cleaned the AFM yet, however not to sure I will bother considering it has started missing more frequently especially under load up hills in low gears around 2 and half revs. So can guarantee the problem is most likely caused by something to do with temperature and the loom considering the miss isn't all the time. I would think if the AFM needed cleaning the miss wouldn't be irregular

But let's just say I was to replace the coils, loom and panel filter.

What would be the best options considering I'm not looking to save money to not looking to spend a fortune.