SAU Community

Japanese Female Voice - V35 Skyline 350Gt Coupe

So... my V35 Skyline Coupe was delayed... and was supposed to arrive in Adelaide today... and that got me thinking!

I remember when my cousin owned a Series II V35 Skyline 350GT Coupe and when he started up the car, every time a Japanese female voice would say something...

I just wanted to know how many other V35 owners out there have a Skyline with this same feature?

Was it available on all V35 Skyline's or just the 350GT Coupes?

Also... what does she say? ...I always found this small 'JDM' aspect of the car quite cool...

Well what a surprise, when I start up my V35 Skyline 350GT Coupe (Premium) the sexy Japanese voice plays, and she says hello :)

I assume you have the Nav DVD?

Any chance of uploading an ISO or something somewhere? Struggling to source a copy myself.

Mine does it I have a 350gt premium. Before I got the sat nav and all the rest coverted to English when a door wasn't closed properly the sexy Japanese voice would come on assuming to tell me to close the door and also if the foot brake was on while driving shed pester me again.

But unfortunately when I got the sat nav converted it doesn't do it anymore but it still welcomes me when I start the car up :) it's great when someone jumps in because they are like WTF??

I've tried to get a voice translator app to find out what she says but it never works

Can someone clarify if this is only for series 2+? Cheers

One of those Chris Rogers questions. Last post I recall from him is you need to have the Nav DVD in the DVD drive. Sikahalv said he has the voice and it is a 2003 model which is series 1.

• Like 1

I had a series 1 with a female Japanese voice, but the only time I remember hearing her was when I was low on petrol. I believe she was telling me to fill up. My car was a premium with sat-nav & Bose.

Confirmed - Sexy Female Japanese Voice = Turning engine on, within approx 15 seconds - 2003 V35 Skyline 350GT Coupe Premium (Series 1 + BOSE... No Sat Nav, No DVD, No Nissan Wings)

Have not heard her under any other conditions.

This was (before this thread) one of the most unspoken about topics re: V35 Skyline quirks on the Internets! (yes, all of them)

I'm glad we got people talking about this - so we can learn more about her :)

Edited by Sikahalv