SAU Community

R34 Gtt Gearbox

Snake-eyes-racing-1

I am doing another turbo conversion and E85 and possible cams

It will put me past the 300 rwkw mark. Will the gar box be able to handle it.

Or will i need to change it out to a 350z gearbox. I have done a heavy duty clutch 3 months ago

also a cuso 1.5 way diff will be in soon too.

Cheers for any info

For the street it will be fine. Depending on the exact clutch, that will be the first thing to go. I suggest putting up the clutch brand and model so we can tell you if it is up to the task. If you are doing heavy Motorsport it may not be good enough. Simon s14 broke third gear multiple times in his drift car but like I said he was pushing 350 and it was Motorsport only. TLDR for street it will be fine.

Plenty of R33's and R34's running ~300rwkw with stock manual gearboxes on the street, shouldn't be a problem. Autos start dying a lot earlier.

Obviously if you have a HD clutch, aftermarket diff and wide sticky rubber there will be a lot more load on the box ... the weakest part of the driveline will give up the ghost first, not surprisingly.

The gearboxes are strong enough to hold 300kw no worries, mine held 390kw for quite a while but fatigue and motorsport killed 3rd gear...

It depends on how you drive it and what condition it is in... I put a low km 2nd hand box in and have done 2 full track days since with no signs of weakness.

Clutch depends on what you are going to use the car for, Race Clutch, NPC, Nismo... Plenty of choices!

• 5 weeks later...