SAU Community

looking for Stock r34 exhaust and circulating valve

Haslo

I am in the process of complaincing my r34 gt-t and it came with a 3inch exhaust (cat back) and a blow off valve. The car is currently in sydney and i am melbourne.

For me to finish off compliance i need these parts:

stock exhaust cat back (if anyone knows if an r33 exhaust fits plz let me know)

Circulating vavle and the gasket for the circulating valve

If anyone has one for sale or would let me borrow em just to finish off compliance

i would surely buy a slap of beer or something like that for such a favour :thumbsup:

As far as i know, after market exhausts are ok? I was looking at the FAQ's at the DOTARS site, under the RAWS section, i was quite surprised. Give us a sec, and i'll find it for you.

You getting it done at Mobility Engineering yeah? What are they doing with your Xenons, just modifying the assembly to fit halogens?

cheers

http://raws.dotars.gov.au/faq_2.htm

Q3.1. Can a vehicle fitted with an after market exhaust system be imported under RAWS?

A3.1. Yes. However, the exhaust system fitted to the vehicle when a used import plate is fitted to it must be in accordance with the applicable sample evidence shown on the vehicle inspection certificate submitted for the vehicle.

(GRAMMAR PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!! Try saying that without taking a breath midway!)

----------

I maybe mistaken, looks like it has to be the same exhaust as the test vehicle, and i know Mobility had a stocker for their test vehicle, so looks like i'm wrong with that. Sorry dude, if my car was already here, i'd help you out but it's still in Japan ;)

How you bringin the car down to melbourne by the way?

cheers

No it's not ok, It must be changed. Try and do it before compliance so you can keep it as I did. Also your headlight assembly will be replaced if it's being done at Mobility. I wouldn't recomend driving it back, best to have the car looked over first plus you have no insurance.

last time i rang Mobility they were just changin bulbs, and power packs. They got the light evidence to do so, it's all be given the tick buy Hella or whoever does the light testing. it's cheaper for them that way, don't have to buy 4 door headlight assemblies.

I was thinking about driving it back adz, not a good idea?

Ah ok, fair enough. I thought it was a little strange for them to be changing the whole thing. I spoke to them a couple of months ago.

Well it's up to you but I think it's a good idea to get a mechanical check first before you go driving it too far and also it's a fairly long drive and a long distance and you have insurance. Plus you'd have to get the permit which isn't too hard but by the time you pay for that and fuel you may as well truck it with insurance IMO.

yeh i know its basicly the same thing

but i gotta wait for the truck to get full and not only that i want to check the car and to make sure he gives me my Blow off valve and 3 inch exhaust

and i am not going 2 be by myself so that would be cool 2