SAU Community

Boost Issues? 34 Gtt

Kmac92

Hey guys, just purchased a 2000 r34 gtt and am pretty sure something isn't right with the waste gate or turbo. Car is pretty much stock besides a race pro inter cooler and 3" exhaust from turbo back running on stock boost (what seller told me). when accelerating , even at low revs my boost gauge tends to spike right up roughly around 18psi according to the stock boost gauge but doesn't feel like it and it sounds as if my wastegates venting the whole time im cruising on the throttle. Any ideas on what to suss out first? am a newby to boosted cars tho if someone can point us in the right direction I have no issues fixing it.

all sorted. Just my conversion from kpa to psi was a little off :P

it does drive well and is real clean. Very happy with the buy.

The boost gauge sometimes doesnt work at all while driving tho, then it will kick back in all of a sudden?

• 2 weeks later...

all sorted. Just my conversion from kpa to psi was a little off :P

it does drive well and is real clean. Very happy with the buy.

The boost gauge sometimes doesnt work at all while driving tho, then it will kick back in all of a sudden?

Same thing was happening to me there is a post somewhere on the forums about it. Ill try and find it am pm you

Pretty much it is the signal sender unit A little black rounded box in the engine bay on the drivers side near the Master Brake Cylinder

Take it out open it up and re-solder the top 3 big solders on it.

I did this an it hasn't failed since

Other things are hoses and the such so maybe check those for cracks and stuff, but that was the fix for me..

Cheers mate! Yeah that's what I've been reading up, sounds pretty common. Will suss it out this week and see what I find ! :)

• 1 month later...

Same thing was happening to me there is a post somewhere on the forums about it. Ill try and find it am pm you

Pretty much it is the signal sender unit A little black rounded box in the engine bay on the drivers side near the Master Brake Cylinder

Take it out open it up and re-solder the top 3 big solders on it.

I did this an it hasn't failed since

Other things are hoses and the such so maybe check those for cracks and stuff, but that was the fix for me..

Late reply but yeah re soldered those 3 pins a few weeks ago and she works everytime now!