SAU Community

Double Din Install On 03 Bose Coupe

Hey guys,

Just completed a bulk of my double din install over the weekend. So i thought id share some pictures of my new stereo. I initially was just going to stick with the stock OEM stereo but i ended up having dreaded climate/control issue (the one where aircon would automatically turn on and wont turn off and all buttons including radio would lock).

So i first bought the OEM double din kit from an Infiniti parts dealer in the US. Cost around $350.

This included the climate control board which fixes the issue i mentioned above but you end up with no stero/radio unit.

I then went with the Pioneer Appradio 4. Hooked it up to a PAC ROEM-NIS2 ($40) which is required for Bose equipped cars.

Ill be installing the steering wheel control module tonight.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

126ab1w.jpg
15gwk6w.jpg

Edited by jjjones
  • Like 1

Headunit was 600US + 50US shipping. Bought it off ebay from an online retailer because Amazon didnt ship to Australia.

The tutorial i used was the one off the g35drivers forum (http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics/333847-wrathernaut-s-double-din-installation-faq-shopping-resource-list.html).

Just so you know, the wiring colours are different on the V35. But the location/functionality of each pin on the OEM harness is exactly the same as the G35. By using the PAC ROEM-NIS2, you directly plug one end of the PAC to the OEM nissan harness. The other end gets wired to the Headunit harness. All you then have to do is match up the colour wires. Pretty straight forward.

There wasnt much information on this forum regarding the wiring diagram on the v35 so from all the information i gathered i was able to figure all of them out. Below is a chart i made that might help. But if you are using the PAC, then you need to worry about all this.

My only advise is to definately get the PAC ROEM-NIS2 if you have a Bose system. Dont bother with anything else. You might read somwhere on this forum that you should get some Beatsonic rubbish, dont bother with that. It does the same thing the PAC does and doesnt cost 6 times as much

2dbjfc9.png

Hey guys,

Just completed a bulk of my double din install over the weekend. So i thought id share some pictures of my new stereo. I initially was just going to stick with the stock OEM stereo but i ended up having dreaded climate/control issue (the one where aircon would automatically turn on and wont turn off and all buttons including radio would lock).

So i first bought the OEM double din kit from an Infiniti parts dealer in the US. Cost around $350.

This included the climate control board which fixes the issue i mentioned above but you end up with no stero/radio unit.

I then went with the Pioneer Appradio 4. Hooked it up to a PAC ROEM-NIS2 ($40) which is required for Bose equipped cars.

Ill be installing the steering wheel control module tonight.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

126ab1w.jpg

15gwk6w.jpg

Love it, well done! The best head-unit install I've seen on a V35 Coupe :)

• 2 months later...

i like it mate, i want to do the same thing to mine, how much was it all up for everything?

Also will that head unit fit in the non Bose/premium package and would you happen to know if the installation is the same (since i do not have dual air con)

Cheers

Thanks dude.

The entire Double Din kit which includes the AC control panel cost 350USD. I ordered it from the US.

These kits can be hard to source these days but check the g35driver forums, some of the vendors recently got more stock.

You can also buy a dirt cheaper non oem Metra version for like half the price (but it looks like ass).

PAC ROEM-NIS2 unit which is required for BOSE systems cost 40AUD, bought off amazon.

Basically lets the headunit work with factory Bose system.

Axxess ASWC-1 unit for steering wheel controls cost 60USD, also off amazon.

The headunit itself was 600USD, bought it off some US site.

So i guess in total it cost around a grand.

The headunit/doubledin kit with fit both bose and non bose systems. i would say the only difference might be the wiring harness.

But if you follow the chart i posted you can use a test light to probe a few of the pins on your harness and work out if its the same or not.

Dual aircon shouldnt makes a different between the cars. Basically if you have dual aircon, the panel will have a button soldered on for you. If you dont, they dont put on this button. My car has dual zone aircon, but the AC Panel i bought doesnt have the button.

Edited by jjjones

ok sweet, so would you happen to know if i would need an alternative to PAC ROEM-NIS2 , as i do not have the bose system, or any steering wheel controls for that mater.

Also is the install process really tedious? ive only ever changed single din on my prelude so i wouldn't really know what to except with a double DIN

I don't believe an interface unit is required for non-bose systems. You just need this wiring harness http://amzn.to/Q60ymm

The only tedious part for me was figuring out the pins on the harness, as there wasnt really any websites that mapped out the pins for the V35. There are guides for the G35, but the colours were different.

Single Din/Double Din, doesnt matter. Its the same amount of work.

In your situation(non-bose, no steering wheel controls) it would be pretty easy.

• 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey Mate,

Really love the way you have done this and looking to do it to mine now,

Its very hard to source the double din kits for the skyline however i came across this and was wondering if it would work:  https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-jdm-double-din-conversion-kit-black-infiniti-g35-03-04-sedan-coupe-v35-27500-al7kt_p_34671.php

And the other question i had is by any chance do you remember the part number or the name of the Pioneer headunit

Any answers would be greatly appreciated