SAU Community

R33 Series 2 Mirror Control

Brad13

Hey guys, I recently bought an R33 Series 2 GTST and am having a problem with the electric mirrors. I can't adjust or retract/extend either mirror, it's as if they're not connected. I've checked the switch and it all seems to be hooked up alright, I've checked the fuses in the drivers footwell and none seem to be blown (Not 100% sure which fuse is for the electric mirrors) .As both mirrors aren't working and neither makes any noise when I try to move them the only other thing I can think it might be is that the mirror control switch is playing up. Can anyone here confirm that this would likely be the problem or has anyone experienced this before?

Apologies if there is already a thread about this, I know there is another one that's but it only seems to be when one mirror isn't working, not when all controls seem to have gone. Thanks in advance!

I tried a different switch from a mate of mines r33 with no luck. I ended up pulling off the door cards to see what was going on behind there and found thispost-138925-1423647769949_thumb.jpg

Another connection had been plugged in but was cut off and went nowhere. Found the mirror plug was just sitting there. This was the same on both sides. Plugged the mirrors back in and they both work now!

Absolutely no idea what the other plug was doing in there. Now I just need to work out how to make the mirrors fold in and out as when I switch it to that it still just seems to angle the mirror as normal.