SAU Community

Rb20det Struggling To Hit Boost

can someone help with an issue in having with my rb20det, it seems to be struggling to go through 3000 to 4000rpm seems to be when it tried to hit boost, and then goes past 4000rpm fine hitting to 12psi. I've recently installed 32gtr injectors and ran individual resistors not sure if that would be an issue? Also I've tried fiddling with the boost tee and it doesn't seem to do anything even if I take the control screw right out? Could it be wastewater or the tee? Any suggestions on where I should start?

No It wasn't running great when I first bought it about 4 months ago and I've slowing been fixing it up. I thought it was the previous injector seals and leaking injectors that's why I replaced all of it. It seems to misfire only around 3-5k revs, just wondering where I should start looking at what the problem is coming from? I've heard igniter pack might be a good place to start?

If it's misfiring, try the igniter pack and coils.

But if you're running gtr injectors off the stock ecu, that won't be helping the situation though. Best to get it on a dyno to check what the air/fuel ratio is like

Replaced ignitor pack and had no difference, looking at splitfire Coilpacks now hopefully that fixes it. I read on forums about people changing the injectors to GTR and no one seemed to have this problem, so I'm hoping It isn't that. I'll still be taking it to a dyno once I've got it registered in about a week or two to get a tune.