SAU Community

Cruise Insurance

R33 GTST 4Door

It's an interesting read, but I really don't see the need for insurance every time you want to have a drive with other people. I mean where does the line get drawn? two cars? three cars? more? Mass cruises with heaps of cars i can understand need insurance for, but again, how many consitutes a large cruise?

I understand the concern of insurance companies, that it becomes more of a risk with numbers, but the interpretation of "convoy" or "cruise" is pretty vast! :P

And hey, if you cause a crash which is so horrific to require liabiliy cover then you were obviously driving like a dick and have only yourself to blame if your insurance company doesn't cover you. :P

Waiting 6 weeks for cruise insurance every time you wanna get together ... what a joke! :)

Insurance now adays is getting out of hand ;)

GFXman

• 2 weeks later...

Why should it be classed as a Cruise.

When really it is only a group of mates going for a drive together.

Back in the school days we used to have around 10cars some times going for a drive to victor.. Is that classed as a cruise..

Hi guys thought I'd throw in my $0.02.

The non-legal advice I recieved from a non-lawyer (but someone who is involved in the insurance industry) regarding public liability and cruises is as follows. If you tell everyone to obey the law, any instructions/directions that you hand out are lawful and the cruise participants sign a form acknowledging same then you cannot be held liable.

If the club sanctions/promotes any illegal activities and there is an accident, then you are in deep s**t.

Maybe what we need to do is get together as a national organisation when all the clubs are formed and chip in for some professional legal advice.

When SA goes for a cruise that is organised within this forum there usually only 10 or so cars.

We all know each other.

Does this really classify as a cruise as it isn't really planned we simply just go for a drive. What i mean is there is no map of destinations etc.

As I think i said before when i was younger we used to drive around with 6-10 cars, that wasn't a cruise just a few mates getting together and going for a drive.

I guess thats why we need professional advice.