SAU Community

Removal Of Aac Valve Under The Plenum

CSB

Hi All,

Apologies as I don't often post here but this forum is easily the best when it comes to working on your own rb26.

Anyway I had my engine rebuilt and since it was out the car I didn't want all the aac valve etc and associated pipework. Reason being is when it was installed before, the pipes had kinks in them plus it would be slow to start when hot which I'm sure has got something to do with the valve.

I'm running a stock manifold with stock throttles. I'm planning to go down the link g4 route to control the idle. I did try and search on how to do away with the valve but there were no clear instructions.

The garage that I used T'eed the brake and clutch pipes from the manifold to the throttle. This made the car hunt at 2k revs which was ridiculous and loud.

After asking advice on a different forum and visiting a tuner who didn't even tell me the solution or help me in anyway (unless I paid), I tried to do it myself, albeit the incorrect way. I blocked off the throttle vacuum and connected the brake and clutch to the manifold. This is wrong as the brakes were solid with no vacuum. This did make it idle at around 500 revs but didn't stall. (better than 2k revs)

So attempting it again I want to make sure the below is the correct method:

- connect brake and clutch to each vac from the throttle bodies

- block off the two main pipes under the plenum

- the other small outlet from the plenum can be connected as normal?

Thanks in advance.