SAU Community

Gauges

Guest Nismo_Freak

I dont think we are the best at everything... swimming is one thing you Aussies have on us. Im just saying is that your comments where somewhat unfounded. Pushrods can make power and be very reliable w/ power. Im not saying they are better. Hell do I drive a Camaro, no... cause I dont want some big ass 350cid motor. I like turbochargers and the systems and I will one day have my motor up and running. I also think we thuroughly NINJA-ed this poor guys thread :mad: Also note that not a pushrod nor a (D/S/4)OHC motor dominated the road racing back in the day, it was good ol 1940s Wankel Rotaries that dominated road racing. 787B was a infamous car in its day... back when they used to win something like 80% of all entered events, even AFTER they where moved up to another higher powered class!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a damn pushrod, rotory, single cam, twin-cam, single turbo, twin turbo. A fast car is a fast car. Respect it. Look at the Porsche excluding the current generation. Up until a few years ago they were still running SOHC and 2 Valves per cylinder. You cannot ignore that.

How bout we stick to the topic!

The autometer Lunar series is back which is basically the same as the apexi EL guages. There is alos the Cobalt series which has a black face and cobalt blue EL back lighting.

The best thing is that u can get a 5 inch EL monster tacho!!!! FULLY SICK!

Guest Nismo_Freak

I plan to use a Blitz BL Series Boost Gauge cause I think they are badass looking. Other than that I like the look of the silver autometer gauges netted into a carbon fibre dash panel. I also think for something like boost I could see getting the more expensive gauges for a bit more accuracy, although my experience with autometers has been good so far. I can only justify the Blitz BL cause it looks insanely badass. We didnt mean to Ninja his thread, sorry. Plus also note that we contributed as well :mad:

I am moving my boost gauge to the left side of the instrument binocle. A mate has his there and it looks pretty cool. And some police have been defecting chrome gauge cups because of glare. Where I went to put this will be down lower than it would be on A pillar, and below the dash line.

This is a permanent solution though. As holes need to be made to secure the cup. And a hole drilled to feed vacuum and electrical lines through.

As for other gauges, putting air/fuel meter and another where the ash tray is. Any suggestions for the other, whats useful to have?

Last question. I have Blitz gauge. Where can I find metric sized gauges cups?

IMO i wouldnt spend big on the gauges cos unless u never take ur car out, some **** will see them, smash ur window and rip them outta ur car like mine wer.

Just my 2c. And FYI i have an expensive alarm, but this was a smash and grab job in my gf's driveway, so there was nothin i could do about it once i was outside.

Originally posted by steve_R32

I've only got a Speco boost guage, for the same reason as stated before, I don't like the std mm/HG boost guage in the dash. I'll attach a pic , see where i've mounted it.....

Steve

a speco gauges wrong reading is what caused meggala's engine blow up!

• 4 weeks later...