SAU Community

HELP: I would like a Step by Step on how to remove/install V35 Coupe Headlights

HELP: I would like a Step by Step on how to remove/install V35 Coupe Headlights

Hey gurus! '05-6 V35 350GT Coupe

I am in need of some help. I've got myself some new Headlights (full assembly) and cannot for the life of me find realiable Step by Step instructions on how to change them. All I find is Infinity G35 ones and someone said that they are different. 

Any help as soon as possible would be awesome! Cheers!

received_1011604418972507.jpeg

20170305_122329.jpg

Install is the same as G35 lights - they are the same assembly-wise.

But the short of it is: jack up your car, remove your under drip-tray, front bumper and both guard inner plastics.

From memory there are 3 (or 4) screws you need to undo on each light - one at the front at the bottom of the light and 2 at the side (maybe one on top?)? Either way follow the lights around and you will find the bolts.

The wire harness is VERY short, so you have to pull out the lights as far as you can and get a thin screwdriver to push down the little clip on the grey plug before you can undo the plug.

The slightly tricky part will be whether your new lights have the same bulbs as the ones you are taking out. At compliance import compliance workshops were supposed to remove the HID globes and ballasts and modify the light housing to accept a different globe (H1? from memory). Some did this, some did not. You will only know once you look at the new lights and compare them with the ones you are taking out.

Also tricky is levelling the lights - this is a fair PITA, but if you look up guides online they will help you out. Hopefully the ones you have bought are set up correctly and you don't have to mess with them. Be wary, if they are not set up correctly they will not have the correct cut-off and will blind oncoming traffic.

Cool cheers mate? I got the lights from Baldwin Imports from a V35 they were wrecking so I'm pretty sure they'd be set up correctly......hopefully. Thanks again mate.