SAU Community

Best V35 Coupe Tyre setup? Square ok? Any suggestions welcome!

Best V35 Coupe Tyre setup? Square ok? Any suggestions welcome!

Hi all!

Always get the good info on here!

'03 V35 Coupe, In storage for a few years...

Now again... Daily driver.

I need to replace all 4 tyres. They're through.

Currently have compliance setup 225/45/18 front and 245/45/18 rear.

OEM 18 Rims.

I've read about people changing to square setup to enable tyre rotation?

Conflicting reports... Lots of talk about track use...

Is this OK or will it throw VCD out for regular driving.

Could someone please recommend the best size setup front/rear with the 18s?

What combos are optimal and won't rub or affect fuel economy, daily drive usage?

Also I'm looking at Kuhmo  K39s , these seem to be well reviewed, any other suggestions of what is best for performance /grip around $200 a tyre?

Any feedback very much appreciated.

Thnaks guys.

Not a coupe, but I have 18 coupe rims on my sedan, originally came with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear.  with my last tyre change I went with 245/45 all round, VDC had a bit of a heart attack for about the first 500M, then settled down and has been happy since then.  Since the stock sedan tyres are square, it seems VDC can figure itself out when you change from staggered to square or vice versa.

Not relevant to a coupe, but I had to roll the rear guards slightly, fronts are fine.  I can't see how 245/45 all round will be any issues at all with guards on a coupe.

I also use mine as a daily, I fitted Maxxis MA511 tyres, as per the recommendation for use as a daily from the tyre shop.  they are a low-mid priced tyre and I have found they are a low-mid performing tyre.  Next time around I will certainly be investing a few more $$ to get a better tyre.

I like to use ku31's as they are reasonably priced and i think grip pretty well. Remember you get what you Pay for