SAU Community

GONNA Make 350 HP

Hey ppls, ive dug into my pocket and hit up the missus and ive got $6,000 to spend on my 94 r33 gtst, this morning i spoke to Mike Vine, who owns Mike Vine Turbos, in my home city of brisbane, he has a turbo package that he claims makes between 350hp and 380hp im not sure if at the wheels or not. this package includes a T04B turbo, Custom frontmount, custom 3 1/2 inch dump pipe and a bosh fuel pump all fitted and tuned, which also included a boost gauge etc. and all this for $6,000. the problem is, is it worth it? he claims that this package which he has used on sebveral r33's makes this type of hp and does mid to high 12's. so what do u i do? i need some advice please HELP?

i can offer u

trust td06-20gH kit (manifold gate turbo(rebuilt with new seals and bearings))

intake pipe with 80mm air-flow meter + hks airfilter

injectors

remapped computer to suit

greddy turbo to intercooler pipe

all this runs on standard motor and is great value as a kit.....in this trim makes 275rwkw

i ran a 12.2 in it with 245rwkw

it is for sale for $5000

i can offer u  

trust td06-20gH kit (manifold gate turbo(rebuilt with new seals and bearings))

intake pipe with 80mm air-flow meter + hks airfilter

injectors  

remapped computer to suit  

greddy turbo to intercooler pipe  

all this runs on standard motor and is great value as a kit.....in this trim makes 275rwkw

i ran a 12.2 in it with 245rwkw

it is for sale for $5000

Now that seems more worth while.

Then purchase a $400 'hybrid' intercooler, $600 to spend on piping and thats your $6000 spent in a much better way. My opinion only.

Dunno about a dump pipe tho. I;m sure you guys could work something out :cool:

Is the car completly stock?

Im thinking...

$1200 for intercooler kit (can be done cheaper)

$1000 for PFC

$800 for exaust & dump pipe

$2000 for a turbo

$300 for fuel pump

$400 for a tune

Looks right on the money to me :cool:

thanx guys, by the way i didnt think u could remap the standard computer? that kit sounds good, but i cant fit it guys, id have to get my brother to. So do u think with the standard computer its capable of making that sort of power, and does anyone know of any reliable performace shops in brisbane. thank again

that stuff would be a piece of cake to install!

Guilt-Troy: you forgot injectors :cool:

Are you northside or southside?

On the gold coast there is no disputing that Gavin Wood Autotech in The Man for skylines. He does mechanical work and tuning.

There is also Matt Spry @ PITS. Tuning only i am told

on the northside i go to GRP Automotive cuz they are close to home... thats for my tuning only

thanx guys, by the way i didnt think u could remap the standard computer?  that kit sounds good, but i cant fit it guys, id have to get my brother to.  So do u think with the standard computer its capable of making that sort of power, and does anyone know of any reliable performace shops in brisbane.  thank again

this kit came on my car from japan....they can do lots of things :cool: the a/f ratios are fairly conservative....ie.in the 11s....its best utilised as a kit as its been mapped for this kit....gains can be made though a simple intercept comp or power fc if required on a later date but $$$ :headspin: :headspin:

People are making 400rwhp with stock injectors :P

Might wanna add $200 for a malpassi adj FPR

that stuff would be a piece of cake to install!

Guilt-Troy: you forgot injectors :cool:

Are you northside or southside?

On the gold coast there is no disputing that Gavin Wood Autotech in The Man for skylines. He does mechanical work and tuning.

There is also Matt Spry @ PITS. Tuning only i am told

on the northside i go to GRP Automotive cuz they are close to home... thats for my tuning only

thanx guys, by the way i didnt think u could remap the standard computer?  that kit sounds good, but i cant fit it guys, id have to get my brother to.  So do u think with the standard computer its capable of making that sort of power, and does anyone know of any reliable performace shops in brisbane.  thank again

I did not think people in Australia were modding R33 computers yet, i know they can in Japan. So you would be stuck with the tune you get ? Id go the Apexi Power FC option for sure!

People are making 400rwhp with stock injectors :cool:

Might wanna add $200 for a malpassi adj FPR

id put my left teste on the line the figure is :bs!: :headspin: :headspin: :headspin: ....me injectors are on 80%duty and their 550cc....me friend made 210rwkw pUSSSHHING it with a fuel reg...and 300rwkw was on 90% duty with 550cc

please explain ur figures...y bother upgrading injectors for $1000 when u can get a malpassi for $150 that does the same job :flamed: :headspin: :flamed:

You can only push a Malpassi soo far before it harms the injectory spray. I have heard a few people on this forum tell about stock rb25det injectors doing over 400rwhp.

Every car is different i guess.... There is a thread that shows that rb25 injectors running a little extra pressure do 440cc which is not a small flow rate really when you think about it.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=47081

ok guys, but still im in a loop, i spoke to mike at APC and he said theirs no way ur injectors will flow that much hp, and i really need help i dont wanna go throw $6000 down the drain for an unrealiable piece of shit. i live in coopers plains and the way that its sounding im not sure weather or not i should do anything at all, a coupkle of fellas said that id be close to detonation, also what boost can i run safley all day everyday without a frontmount.

if u get the tdo6 mentioned before.. it comes with injectors and a rich running computer.. run that on lowish boost (10psi or so) and save to get intercooler, exhaust and it should be alright.

rich running computer is a big statement to make :( ive seen many tuners a/f ratio for aftermarket computers....relative to mine i feel its not half bad :headspin: ive never seen a stoich 11.8 a/f reading on any car....if it reads 12.1 would that car be running a lean computer??? :Bang: