SAU Community

Distorted sound sometimes

R33gtsdp

My r33 has been playing up over the last month will sometimes be extremely distorted when driving gets worse going over bumps sometimes but plays up whether I’m driving or not then goes away and is perfectly clear sounding. Not sure where to start in diagnosing but I’ve made sure everything is plugged in to the amp and back of head unit but yeh any ideas where to start or what to test?

has pioneer head unit and amp 

58 minutes ago, R33gtsdp said:

My r33 has been playing up over the last month will sometimes be extremely distorted when driving gets worse going over bumps sometimes but plays up whether I’m driving or not then goes away and is perfectly clear sounding. Not sure where to start in diagnosing but I’ve made sure everything is plugged in to the amp and back of head unit but yeh any ideas where to start or what to test?

has pioneer head unit and amp 

Check for voltage leaks or your positive and earth wiring not being properly connected due to a worn out wire or something become loose.

I had a similar property webt to Jaycar to buy proper end clamps and securely reconnected my speaker/sub/amp wiring and it now works perfectly.

Another possible cause is one of your speakers have been damaged or worn out causing extra load on other speakers hence the distortion.

Suggest you set aside some time to check everything then reconnect properly.

• 3 weeks later...