SAU Community

installing camera that can see around corners and looking for dash cam recs/reviews

alfa9000

Hey guys, So I just got given this 180 degree camera that lets you see around corners for Christmas. I figured while im installing it I might as well hardwire in a dashcam at the same time.

The corner camera I got given actually seems pretty cool. I live on a main street with a tall fence and trees, so pulling out is stupidly dangerous. Looks like this camera will let me see all the way down the footpath and across the road. I haven’t installed it yet so I can hardly review it, But if anyone’s interested their website is https://wreakless.com/

Im looking for reviews and whats your experience with these dash cams? Any one use those cheap $30 ebay ones? I assume their total crap and cant pickup a liscense plate? Or am I better off going for something like a gator brand at around $120? I really don want to spend more than 150.

Also has anyone ever had to use the footage captured by one? Howd it go with insurance, police etc?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• I understand a shop being concerned "their" tune will be taken and used by another shop, but assuming you are paying by the hour access to their existing skills and IP should be included in that price.  Password protection would be a total deal breaker for me as it locks you in to them forever, what if they go broke?
    • Yes, the CV shop will confirm if the joint is reusable, it almost always just needs a new boot and grease. I'm not sure on current pricing, I last had a set done ages ago, but the $190 for new/aftermarket might be very competitive.
    • I got that timing belt wrapped up last week. Engine actually sounds much better; I'm presuming the belt may have been slightly slapping the top belt cover. Now onto my next unexpected issue... I can't find a Dyno that doesn't lock up the ecu once done. We have what seems to be 6 local tuners who do Haltech, One is an RX7 specialty shop so I'll avoid them, and so far three of the others have stated they password lock the ecu once complete, which I refuse to accept. I'm waiting on responses on the last two... I was hoping to get it done on May 17th. 
    • News to me. I didn't run across any when I researched them.
    • Took longer than a weekend to get to it, but I finally took the time. The boost controller is in a different spot on the Stagea (between the battery and fuse box), but the hose with the yellow line was there. Sure enough, the restrictor was still in my car. Woot! 50% more boost for 20 mins and $0 USD ($0 AUD at current exchange rates 😜).