SAU Community

Quikeze towing

well as many of you will know i had my car towed a few weeks ago to have my HD clutch put in. i went through quikeze to get it out to Joe at skyline performance.

anyway as many of you will also know, due to a mistake made by the driver of the truck as he tried to remove the fork of the back of the tow truck from under my car(as he realized he wouldnt be able to tow the car) snapped my rear left rear pod nearly completely in half, ripped it off the bar and took a reasonable sized chunk out of it. and took 2 large scratches out of my rear bar.

needless to say i was ropeable.

he immediatly went on to say that it was because my car is too low(its legal height) and that its not really his fault!!!! :bs!:

i said that it was legal height and not to worry because i would sort it out with the owner of the company and i knew it was an accident.

later that morning (after they sent out a proper flatbed to take my car) i called the owner and asked him if he knew what had happened. he said that apparently there was a SMALL scratch in the rear of the car!!! :bs!:

i promplty informed him that it was not a small scratch anfd that the rear pod was destroyed. so he asked where the car was and that he would go and look at it sometime during the day (all the while being rude as fu*k to me)

anyway he never showed up to see the car (sa i suspected)and i hadnt heard another peep out of him.

so 2days i wrote a letter explaining the damage with 6photos showing exactly what had happened. i explained that i would be doing everything i could to find the cheapest posible price to fix the parts so as not to leave him to far out of pocket.

however he does not have his address int either the white or yellow pages (just a street name)

so my father called to get the address.

my dad was very polite and friendly, and after a few seconds of quick chitchat he asked for the address of the company so he could send him a letter as the address was not listed.

the owner then said yes, i know its not listed like a smart ass, and asked why he wanted it anyway.

my dad said he simply needed to send him a letter.

the reply came saying well how do i know its not junk mail(by this stage being very rude)

my dad then said it was to do with an incident a few weeks ago where one of your employees damaged my car and he needed to send him a letter explaining what had happened and the damage done.

the guy from quikeze immediatly said, (aggressivly) its not my problem and if you want the address figure it out yourself. he then slammed the phone down on my dad!!!!!

so i know need to find a way to get his address and im gonna take him to the cleaners, i tried my hardest save him money by getting a very cheap price and he treated me like sh*t, aggressivly and now clearly has no intent to pay for the damages HIS employee caused!! I WILL get my money, of this im sure. its now just gonna be dragged out and be an absolute sh*tfight!!

but having a brother as a barrister is definatly about to come in handy!!!!! :headspin:

end small essay and rant!!! :D

That's unfortunate.

I don't remember which Towing company I've used in ACT but I remember calling NRMA and they sent me a tow truck. They sent out a wrong tow truck at first, but in the end a flat-bed did arrive.

I hope you get compensated for all the damage that's been done to your car.

if it's a registered business, then you'll be able to get the name of the company and it has to registered to an address, not sure what government department but it will have to be on record somewhere.

Secondly if you got a receipt it should have an ABN on it and that will be registered with the ATO because each business needs to have one, try those 2.

You could also try contact Yellow.White pages they had to send the bill to some address.......

Telstra may be able to tell you the address the phone number is at, but they are pretty tight about security and giving information

Also screw the cheap job, get it fixed good and proper if they show no respect to you i'm not sure why'd you try and show it to them, just says alot about you being a nice person I suppose :)

Bad Luck, I hate anyone getting near my car (i'm very paranoid)

hope everything works out, i'll try and find out what deparment you need to call as per the first suggestion.

yea thats not cool at all. I gotta love working at the ACCC though when this shit happens. spoke to a couple of people and they said you should call

"ACT Fair Trading" and talk to them about it they will probably tell you the basics though like ring them - which you have done numerous times

send them a letter - they wotn give you their address which makes that hard

and give you a bit further advice but anyways call them on 62070400

let us know how you go

Man I feel bad about reccomending them now :)

Their address as far as anywhere is concerned is

Snezana Pty Ltd

T/A Quickeze Towing

Majura Road

Piallago 2609

Maybe go in in person and confront him face to face with pictures of the damage etc? Or better yet take the car in.

I dont think there are any businesses on Majura Road, just a few houses/farms so im guessing it would be a business run from home at one of them.

yeah thats what i figured nik, probably run from home.

thanks heaps for the advice guys, i'll give them a call b4 they close tonight and see what to do.

does anyone know of any rear bars that stretch right around the rear? thus eliminating the need for rear pods. i figure if i can get a bar that can do this( i know they r out there, just dont know what they r or where to find them) then i wont even need to order a rear pod and seeing as the rear bar will have to be sprayed anyway due to the damage i may as well try and get a full new bar, and save myself having to buy pods

ok just called the department of fair trading, the girl i talked to was really helpfull and seemed to feel really bad for me.

not much they can do just yet, but she said to send the letter to them simply at majura rd. and it may get there, otherwise it will come back to me.

if it does get there and i still dont hear anything, then they can check the phone number for their address etc... she also said that in the mean time i shouyld get my brother to call on my behalf and tell him that legal action will be taking place unless the damages are paid for in full.

my guess is this guy will hang up again, but its only making his case worse, especially if it goes to court.

so i guess for now we play the waiting game.......ah im tired of the waiting game...lets play hungry, hungry hippos!!!!

in the mean time in going to try and find a full wrap around rear bar. something like this.....33gtrrear.jpg

it really sh*ts me that poeple can be such dic*s!!!

yeah thats what i figured nik, probably run from home.

thanks heaps for the advice guys, i'll give them a call b4 they close tonight and see what to do.  

does anyone know of any rear bars that stretch right around the rear? thus eliminating the need for rear pods. i figure if i can get a bar that can do this( i know they r out there, just dont know what they r or where to find them) then i wont even need to order a rear pod and seeing as the rear bar will have to be sprayed anyway due to the damage i may as well try and get a full new bar, and save myself having to buy pods

Hey mate,

Sorry to hear about that. It has gotta suck. I recently just bought a new rear bar from J Racing. Sweet bar - raps right around the rear. Good luck

Hey mate,

Sorry to hear about that.  It has gotta suck.  I recently just bought a new rear bar from J Racing.  Sweet bar - raps right around the rear.  Good luck

what bar mate? any pics? so how much did it set u back for spray, fit, and bar?

i had J-Racing mesh up my front bar and they do good work, so i'd be happy to go back to them.

what bar mate? any pics? so how much did it set u  back for spray, fit, and bar?

i had J-Racing mesh up my front bar and they do good work, so i'd be happy to go back to them.

Hey Mate,

I have not got any Pics handy. But if you go and have a look at The Team Jetspeed Website in Sydney. Look at the Orange 33 - (Same Colour as Jerry's) They just completed a full colour change on my 33. They do a really nice job. The Whole lot Bar Painted and Fitted - Supplied should set you back around $600.00 - $650.00 - Roughly. Hope that helps

the house your are lookin for is if your headind from the airport to fed hwy. its on your right hand side and there is a really large carport/garage in the yard......very visible from the street....i thonk it is the first farm house in right....hope that makes a difference for you. there are heaps of cars in the carport bein abandoned so should be easy enough to find