SAU Community

BNR34 Series 2 Engine Bay Colour

Hey All,

After a bit of information to help me with my GTR searches. I am looking at a R34 in bayside blue (TV2) with a VIN that is listed on GTR-registry as a series 2 base model gtr (production year 2000). The car does have the series 2 interior however the engine bay is not body colour, it is a darker colour.

Could anyone else on this forum who has a series 2 in bayside confirm their engine colour as being bayside blue or a darker blue. Just confused as I have up until this point believed that only the series 1 had the darker engine bays (depending on body colour) and series 2 had body colour engine bays.

The car I am looking at is appears to be clean and has records but this is bugging me. Also is there anything else I could look towards which would be a give away?

Thanks!

Edited by Jip

• 2 months later...

Series1 Bayside Blue and Midnight Purple cars had black engine bays. Series 2 was body colour. 

Other colours were body colour though, my white BNR34 Vspec came with a white engine bay. Although the paint is matt and dull.

Series 1 will have blue build plate, Series 2 will have silver build plate, unless it's a Nur of course.

• Thanks 1