SAU Community

R34 GTT Oil Pressure??

Hi all,

Just wondering what the normal oil pressure is on a R34 Neo 6?

Some days mine is normal, then other days it drops to just under 1, and tends to jump around a bit. Is this just a faulty gauge, like the R32 & R33s are common to have? Ive heard that skyline oil pressure gauges can be faulty?

If the pressure was to drop, wouldnt the oil pressure warning light come on ?

Many Thanks.........

Hi all,

Just wondering what the normal oil pressure is on a R34 Neo 6?

Some days mine is normal, then other days it drops to just under 1, and tends to jump around a bit. Is this just a faulty gauge, like the R32 & R33s are common to have? Ive heard that skyline oil pressure gauges can be faulty?

If the pressure was to drop, wouldnt the oil pressure warning light come on ?

Many Thanks.........

Hi,

Mine is usually around the 4 mark or just under, sometimes drops to around 3 id say. Hmm not sure if the warning light would come on.... I guess it should if there is a prob.

Guest RedLineGTR

friends gt-t oil pressure sits around the 3-4 mark, from what i have seen.

This also changes with the different W ratings of oils, example (r33 gtst) used 5-40w oil and oil pressure always sat on 2 (which is where is should be on a r33 gtst or even on 1.5) when i changed to a 10-60w Castrol oil the pressure sat on idle at 4. Just something to think about. BTW The friend with a gt-t uses a 10-40w oil :rofl: My 2 Cents

Just been for a couple of long drives and the pressure gauge has been working normally.

So, im guessing that it has to be a faulty gauge, because it only drops down low every now and then. Ive read on other forums that a lot of skyline owners have a similar problem, ane they just say to ignore it. As long as your oil levels are good, you shouldnt have a problem.

Correct me if im wrong??

Cheers.........