SAU Community

I made an app for recording mods and servce history. Feedback welcome!

Fidgety

Over the Christmas break I found motivation to make a web app that has been an idea of mine for a few years.

The main goal was to replace Google sheets, which I have been using to record mods and service info.

I only released it to the internet last weekend, and will continue to develop it.

I plan to exhibit at Geelong Revival in a few weeks time, so come say hi if you're there!

It's over at https://www.pitloon.com

Cheers

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, GoHashiriya said:

Currently using Excel for this. Good idea. It could do with some more features though (I realise it's a work in progress). 

Some of the planned features are:

- reminders, where you can schedule a notification in the future, for things like oil changes etc.

- vehicle transfers, for when you buy/sell a vehicle and want all the logs to move to the new owner.

- CSV download, where you can download all your data stored on pitloon

On 2/18/2022 at 7:30 PM, Predator1 said:

Good idea. I've registered. 

Could you please add the ability to add pics when you add notes?

That's the plan. I am trying to limit my server costs currently, hence limiting where images can be uploaded! But adding images per-log is 100% on the roadmap. Thanks heaps for checking it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Exporting your data is now possible. I know it's not easy to trust a new system, so want to make sure people can get a copy of all their data stored on Pitloon.

Coming soon: Allow a vehicle to be transferred to another users account (i.e. if you sell/buy a vehicle)

• 5 months later...

Small bump on this one. There are way more features on Pitloon now. It is genuinely where I store a timeline of my cars history. I'll eventually add monetization for some features, but for now, anyone who signs up will get the paid features for free forever. Kind of like a 'founding' user account. I hope you find it useful, cheers

Screenshot_20220822-091145.png

Screenshot_20220822-091331.png

• 4 months later...

I just gave it a quick spin on mobile and have some feedback.

Firstly, the idea is great. Currently, I just have a big folder full of receipts and dyno reports, and I sometimes find myself rifling through them to remember what I had done and when. Being able to access this at any time would be great.

investing the time/effort into rifling through these papers and creating my own database of mods would be time consuming and potentially cumbersome, so I was interested in how your app could help that process.

This will be one of the biggest barriers for most folks, I imagine. The bulk inserting of items. Currently, you have to do it one at a time, going to a new screen and hitting save each time. this ends up being more cumbersome than a spreadsheet. Providing a UI for bulk adding, maybe in a table style, could help you lower the effort bar and make your app competitive against other options such as keeping lists in spreadsheets or text notes.

I also don’t understand the language of a Loon. Is this a common term?

I’m a UX/UI designer, so if you’re interested in any other feedback, lemme know.

• Like 1