SAU Community

EC Wet Pan drift day 13th November or a private day

OZ GTR35

Hi all,

Myself and a fellow new R35 owner wanted to test out the wet driving capability of our new drives. I see you can do some wet drift days out at Eastern Creek skip pan for $150. They look to run very often on Sat and Sundays 8.30am to 4.30pm.

The below link is for the Sunday 13th November, but I am not welded to this date its just an example.

https://www.australiandriftclub.com.au/events/13-nov-2022-wetpan-drift-days/

In addition I have emailed them asking to discuss a private booking just for us and I will see if we can get enough numbers. I also wanted to discuss the format and see if they are flexible to allow us to run a Texi style event after lunch.

This looks like good value and good fun. I have probably 5-8 friends who are keen, I just wanted to see if people from the club would be interested in getting out there as well.

Feel free to post up your expression of interest for something like this, and again they look to be running these several times a month so we could just jump on as individuals or we can come together as group.

• Like 3

Any time, I have not had the interest as expected, so I think a group of 20 will be almost impossible. I will post up the date once I book. Also they have never called be back with to discuss a group booking. 

• 1 month later...

OK, I have been unable to get anyone from Australian Drift club to call me back. This matched with the lack of responses on this post means I will book the day for myself and a few friends as individuals. if anyone is interested, this is the date we will be booking.

https://www.australiandriftclub.com.au/events/13-nov-2022-wetpan-drift-days/

$150 ticket, Sunday at EC, wet skid pan.

Post up on this chat if you book and I look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks

• Like 2

Thanks for mentioning it Paul! I bought a ticket for the 13th. Haven't done this before so I'm half looking forward to it and half being apprehensive about it. Always wanted to see how the Stagea goes in the wet when pushing it a bit and this sounds like a good opportunity.

At least I won't be alone with AWD when you bring the R35. What are your friends driving? :)

• D_I_F changed the title to EC Wet Pan drift day 13th November or a private day
  • 2 weeks later...

Soviet, Im so sorry, by the time I got my mates and my son's mates to commit and I went to book, the 27 available spots turned to ZERO! I called them and apparently on Sat they took a group booking to take all the spots. I will post up the next one on Sunday in a new event.

Sorry Soviet, you will be solo on this one, please post how it goes Im really keen to hear what you thought of the event. If you liked it I will be booking another one.

1 hour ago, OZ GTR35 said:

Soviet, Im so sorry, by the time I got my mates and my son's mates to commit and I went to book, the 27 available spots turned to ZERO! I called them and apparently on Sat they took a group booking to take all the spots. I will post up the next one on Sunday in a new event

No worries Paul, thanks for the heads-up! I've asked for a refund now. Driver tickets get a full refund if it's 3+ weeks in advance. That Sunday wasn't great for me in any case. I was going to make it work if others are going as well but won't bother on my own.

So yes, please create a new thread when you've settled on a new date. I'm still keen to try it!

Are you going to be at the SAU Anniversary Extravaganza tomorrow? I was thinking to ask around over the next events and see if any of the non-forum SAU people would be interested in a wetpan day.

David

Soviet, I will take the ticket, no need to return it, I need to learn how to control the 35 in the wet. I have 9 different Suspension/Traction/4WD settings to understand.

I will bring the car to Rouse Hill tomorrow if Cricket is rained out. See you there, and we can transfer the wet drift day if you want.

Cheers

1 hour ago, OZ GTR35 said:

Soviet, I will take the ticket, no need to return it, I need to learn how to control the 35 in the wet. I have 9 different Suspension/Traction/4WD settings to understand.

I will bring the car to Rouse Hill tomorrow if Cricket is rained out. See you there, and we can transfer the wet drift day if you want.

Sorry, too late! They have already processed it. It only took 25 minutes for them to respond.

Maybe give them a call and see if it is available now :)