SAU Community

Insurance

stevo~

Hey all

Does anyone who is under 25 have comprehensive/3rd party insurance up here. Every place i ring either doesnt insure skylines in the NT or not for under 25 year olds?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Hey all

Does anyone who is under 25 have comprehensive/3rd party insurance up here. Every place i ring either doesnt insure skylines in the NT or not for under 25 year olds?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Shannons used to insure under 25's but you will need to check with them. You can try JUST CAR insurance on 131326. They will insure anyone - its just a matter of cost. Have you bought a car yet or have you found one?

Cheers m8,

Ken

Where were you on sat nite??

I rang shannons and they have stopped insuring imports for a period of time, but they couldnt tell me how long? Just cars dont insure in the NT and all the others either had the same reason "don't insure in the NT" or "Skylines are a risk" oh and the old favourite under 25. :hellpisd:

I have one question though when you register a car doesnt the car come with 3rd party?

And on Sat we had a piss up at work so i was blind by 7 always a next time :)

I rang shannons and they have stopped insuring imports for a period of time, but they couldnt tell me how long? Just cars dont insure in the NT and all the others either had the same reason "don't insure in the NT" or "Skylines are a risk" oh and the old favourite under 25. :hellpisd:

I have one question though when you register a car doesnt the car come with 3rd party?

And on Sat we had a piss up at work so i was blind by 7 always a next time :P

Have you tried Young & Cool in Brissie? The insurance you get with rego isnt worth a pinch of the proverbial. If someone hits you it will be claimed against their insurance (if they have it) but you will not be covered if you hit them (expensive). Are you getting a loan or paying cash? If you are getting a loan your bank (defcredit or otherwise) will require you have an insurance "quote" for he vehicle. If you get a personal loan you can tell them you are getting the money for a holiday, car repairs, debt consolidation etc.

Best of luck,

Ken

And on Sat we had a piss up at work so i was blind by 7 always a next time :P

I'm with Shannons.

Elders also gave me a pretty good quote. Ring them.

ive rang possibly every insurance agent out there now and only Famous is happy to help me but at a steep price. Looks like ill have to deal with it. Cheers for ya help fellas

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys

just for a quick FYI.

I was the second person to buy a R33GTSt skyline (Red) in Darwin (back in early 2000 from memory) but i now live in Brisbane. I had problems with insurance and eventually got shannons to insure me and as such i have talked to the NT Shannons rep numerous times.

The reason shannons stopped insuring skylines/imports in the territory was because there had been several incidents but one day some young wanna be dip sht punk fronted up with his skyline saying he was the best driver on the planet only to write the thing of a week or so later costing Shannons dearly. Hence no more import insurance in the Territory and who can blame shannons for doing it?

Its a shame we are all paying more for insurance because of the stupidity of a few who couldnt be trusted with a 1.3ltr suzuki swift.

Edited by R33NT

I am 23, and with Shannons, but Just Cars would insure me aswell.

The difference between the both is that Shannons have a higher premium cost, but a lower excess fee, and allow you to make monthly payments.

Just Cars have a lower premium, but higher excess if anything was to go wrong, and you can only pay them annually, so you'll have to save for each insurance year.

You might have this sorted already but there is some info.