SAU Community

Rb25det stagea engine in r33 gts-t

Hey all I 2 questions and I apologise if I'm seeming incapable, I've searched many threads and websites to find info but most information is 10+ years old so probably out dated by new parts and methods. And also you find some info saying one thing then other contradictory of the what you last read.

Q1: putting a stagea engine in r33, I believe from what I read. All you need to  do is cut and shut sump then my r33 big box will bolt straight to it? I use r33 engine mounts and gearbox mounts. Use Series 2 r33 loom, with mods to suit coils on neo engine and is that all that needs doing for the swap?

Q2: identifying engines, is there a table to check engine numbers for year of production. I have a rb25det neo long motor I brought as a runner out of a auto stagea engine number being: rb25381540A and a block I brought with forged pistons: rb25030554A told it was a neo but must be from r34?

Any help is greatly appreciated sorry if this has all been covered but I think an updated thread is much needed. Cheers ✌