SAU Community

My First Mod

Kip

Completed the first mod on my new-to-me Stagea. We had a cold snap here. Overnight temps dipped down to somewhere around -6C. Despite the car being in the garage, my 18-month old battery didn't make it through the cold. Was sitting at 11.9v without a load, but dropped to something between 2-3v when the starter was engaged. Swapped the old AC Delco out for an Optima Yellow Top Prius battery. Had to change the battery connectors to SAE though. Luckily, I was able to find a couple kits that made for a very stock looking change. Arguably not a performance mod, but the car performs a lot better when it can actually start.  😉

-Kip

• Like 1

Yeah I run a Optima Yellow D51R in mine too, for the same reason with below zero mornings.

It sits lengthways between the headlight and fusebox and uses factory terminals and cable length, although the fuse box is slight further back since I changed to front facing plenum

9 hours ago, Duncan said:

Yeah I run a Optima Yellow D51R in mine too, for the same reason with below zero mornings.

It sits lengthways between the headlight and fusebox and uses factory terminals and cable length, although the fuse box is slight further back since I changed to front facing plenum

Sounds very similar. I changed out the terminals to SAE, but am using the stock wiring, stock tie down, and even the stock positive terminal cover. I would have preferred to leave the JIS terminals, but I would have had to order it and wait. Meanwhile, the car was blocking the girlfriend's car in our tandem garage.

-Kip