SAU Community

r30/r32 brake upgrade

rsx84

nice one mate, i've got 215/40/17"  and 235/45/17" at the rear just for that drag look. might have to get the guards rolled before i get it resprayed, has anyone used the adj chamber tops from the s-13 at all?

Yerp mine's usin S13 strut top's at the front, i've got the option to use them at the back as well, have to redrill the bolt holes though, i beleive that Josh may have done this???

Yeah i've got 235/45/17's to go on the back as well, when i pull my finger out and get them fitted!! I'll go take some more happy snaps of the bucket in a minute and post them up when done!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Have a question about this, am looking at using some s-13 coilovers on my HR30 to start off with, and brake upgrade further down the track.

What are people using for rear suspension setup? Can s-13 coilovers be used with redrilled strut tops? Or do you have to use aftermarket strut and lowered spring setup?

What size rims are you running now?

Cheers.

To solve the s13 strut top reverse problem, slightly slot the top bolt inwards where the strut bolts to the hub, make a big difference.

You cannot use factory s13 struts, or GAB shock and spring replacement, the spring seat wont fit in the wheel arch.

S13 rears need a strut top change or redrill to fit up, but do a good job and worked well as camber correction for me.

You'll most likely need bolt on spacers for the wheels to clear the calipers.

Its a pretty simple conversion, and a bit of and easier way out of a brake upgrade because you get the suspension all done at once :D

the front disks will not fit as the hub for the r30 fronts is a part of the disk itself..then theres the whole reason for puting the hubs on, the mounting holes for the callipars are different to the r30 whish will then allow you to mount the r32/33 callipars...wheels i'll be running P1 racing 17" with a 35 offset looks like i'll need spacers though....

the front disks will not fit as the hub for the r30 fronts is a part of the disk itself..then theres the whole reason for puting the hubs on, the mounting holes for the callipars are different to the r30 whish will then allow you to mount the r32/33 callipars...wheels i'll be running P1 racing 17" with a 35 offset looks like i'll need spacers though....

post some fotos up when you get the wheels on :D

post some fotos up when you get the wheels on :D

wheels are on now, been driving it round for the last 3 days...there a charcol grey colour! i'll post up pics when the brakes are done and the rims are finished in a gloss black....